Mallinckrodt (MNK) Announces Court Affirmation to Stay Litigation Pending FDA’s Approval Withdrawal Proceedings Outcome
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Mallinckrodt (NYSE: MNK) disclosed the following in a U.S. SEC filing on Monday:
Item 7.01 Regulation FD Disclosure
On October 21, 2016, the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit issued an Order removing Mallinckrodt Inc.’s pending litigation with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) from the Court’s oral argument calendar and placing that litigation in abeyance pending the outcome of the Approval Withdrawal Proceedings initiated by the FDA on October 17, 2016. In response, on October 21, 2016, Mallinckrodt Inc. filed a Motion to Reconsider with the Court requesting that the oral arguments be placed back on the Court’s calendar and that the litigation be allowed to proceed. On October 24, 2016, the Court affirmed its earlier decision and stayed the litigation pending the outcome of FDA’s Approval Withdrawal Proceedings.
It remains Mallinckrodt Inc.’s position that its generic methylphenidate ER product is a safe and effective treatment option for patients who suffer from ADHD. As such, Mallinckrodt Inc. plans to vigorously set forth its position in the Approval Withdrawal Proceedings and is exploring additional options regarding this matter.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caterpillar (CAT) Offers FY17 Guidance Update at Credit Suisse Conference
- xG Technology (XGTI) Files $22.9M Units Shelf
- VBL Therapeutics (VBLT) Reports $20M at the Market Offering of Ordinary Shares
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!