Mallinckrodt (MNK) Affirms Enrollment of First Patient in H.P. Acthar Gel Phase 4 as SLE Treatment
- Wall Street hits new high as post-election rally roars ahead
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 despite doubts over OPEC output cut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Mallinckrodt plc (NYSE: MNK) confirmed enrollment of the first patients in the company's Phase 4 clinical study assessing the efficacy of H.P. Acthar® Gel (repository corticotropin injection) in Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (SLE) patients with persistently active disease. This randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial builds on data from a pilot study of H.P. Acthar Gel in patients with active SLE, recently published online in the journal Lupus Science & Medicine in a manuscript titled "Efficacy and tolerability of repository corticotropin injection in patients with persistently active SLE: results of a phase 4, randomized, controlled pilot study."
H.P. Acthar® Gel is approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for use during an exacerbation or as a maintenance therapy in select patients with SLE.1
"The data generated in our pilot clinical study support the use of Acthar to treat lupus patients – for which it is already indicated - who have clinically significant disease activity despite receiving standard of care therapies," said Steven Romano, M.D., Chief Scientific Officer and Executive Vice President at Mallinckrodt. "We are pleased to enroll the first patient in this follow-on trial, which will generate additional data to better understand how clinicians may utilize Acthar in the management of these more difficult to manage patients with SLE."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Puma Biotech (PBYI) Announces Encouraging Interim Data from PB272 Phase 2 Control Trial in HER2+ Breast Cancer
- Adams Resources (AE) Appoints New CFO
- Eli Lilly & Co. (LLY) Announces Abemaciclib neoMONARCH Phase 2 Met Primary Endpoint
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!