MagnaChip (MX) Selected by Himax to Commence Volume PMIC Production
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
MagnaChip Semiconductor Corporation (NYSE: MX) announced it has begun volume production of a Power Management IC (PMIC) designed by Himax (Nasdaq: HIMX), a Taiwanese leading fabless company, using MagnaChip's specialty 0.18 micron BCD (Bipolar CMOS-DMOS) technology process.
MagnaChip collaborated on the PMIC product development with Himax, as both companies plan to expand their presence in the PMIC market. The collaboration follows a similar joint development effort based on MagnaChip's mature and highly reliable BCD process technology with a major U.S. fabless company. PMIC is a semiconductor that manages and supplies stable power to core chips such as display driver ICs and timing controllers used in digital TVs and monitors.
MagnaChip supported Himax's product design by providing various process technology options and third-party intellectual property (IP). Volume production commenced approximately one year after the database tapeout of the product, making it possible for Himax to meet its time-to-market goals. With production already underway with Himax, MagnaChip is now engaged on a second product development project with Himax.
"We are pleased to jointly develop and start mass production of a Power Management IC with Himax, a leading fabless company in Taiwan" said YJ Kim, Chief Executive Officer of MagnaChip. "Our collaboration with Himax is part of our strategy to grow together with our customers by using our deep experience in product design and specialty process technologies. MagnaChip and Himax will continue to build on our working relationship and reinforce mutual cooperation in the PMIC market for the future."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Macy's (M), Sears (SHLD), Kohl's Corp. (KSS) Accused of Posting Fake 'Original' Prices - Bloomberg
- Microvision (MVIS) Plans Offering of Common Stock
- LinkedIn (LNKD), Microsoft (MSFT) Deal Closes
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!