MagnaChip (MX) Selected by Himax to Commence Volume PMIC Production
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MagnaChip Semiconductor Corporation (NYSE: MX) announced it has begun volume production of a Power Management IC (PMIC) designed by Himax (Nasdaq: HIMX), a Taiwanese leading fabless company, using MagnaChip's specialty 0.18 micron BCD (Bipolar CMOS-DMOS) technology process.
MagnaChip collaborated on the PMIC product development with Himax, as both companies plan to expand their presence in the PMIC market. The collaboration follows a similar joint development effort based on MagnaChip's mature and highly reliable BCD process technology with a major U.S. fabless company. PMIC is a semiconductor that manages and supplies stable power to core chips such as display driver ICs and timing controllers used in digital TVs and monitors.
MagnaChip supported Himax's product design by providing various process technology options and third-party intellectual property (IP). Volume production commenced approximately one year after the database tapeout of the product, making it possible for Himax to meet its time-to-market goals. With production already underway with Himax, MagnaChip is now engaged on a second product development project with Himax.
"We are pleased to jointly develop and start mass production of a Power Management IC with Himax, a leading fabless company in Taiwan" said YJ Kim, Chief Executive Officer of MagnaChip. "Our collaboration with Himax is part of our strategy to grow together with our customers by using our deep experience in product design and specialty process technologies. MagnaChip and Himax will continue to build on our working relationship and reinforce mutual cooperation in the PMIC market for the future."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Names Todd Bluedorn to Board of Directors
- Abraxas Petroleum (AXAS) to Accelerate FY17 Planned Activity; Updates CAPEX, Production Guidance
- Atmos Energy (ATO) Appoints Christopher Forsythe to CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!