MagnaChip (MX) Selected by Himax to Commence Volume PMIC Production
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
MagnaChip Semiconductor Corporation (NYSE: MX) announced it has begun volume production of a Power Management IC (PMIC) designed by Himax (Nasdaq: HIMX), a Taiwanese leading fabless company, using MagnaChip's specialty 0.18 micron BCD (Bipolar CMOS-DMOS) technology process.
MagnaChip collaborated on the PMIC product development with Himax, as both companies plan to expand their presence in the PMIC market. The collaboration follows a similar joint development effort based on MagnaChip's mature and highly reliable BCD process technology with a major U.S. fabless company. PMIC is a semiconductor that manages and supplies stable power to core chips such as display driver ICs and timing controllers used in digital TVs and monitors.
MagnaChip supported Himax's product design by providing various process technology options and third-party intellectual property (IP). Volume production commenced approximately one year after the database tapeout of the product, making it possible for Himax to meet its time-to-market goals. With production already underway with Himax, MagnaChip is now engaged on a second product development project with Himax.
"We are pleased to jointly develop and start mass production of a Power Management IC with Himax, a leading fabless company in Taiwan" said YJ Kim, Chief Executive Officer of MagnaChip. "Our collaboration with Himax is part of our strategy to grow together with our customers by using our deep experience in product design and specialty process technologies. MagnaChip and Himax will continue to build on our working relationship and reinforce mutual cooperation in the PMIC market for the future."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MagnaChip (MX) Announces Order and Final Judgment Issued in Derivative Action Suits
- Energy Hunter Resources (EHX) Files for Proposed IPO
- Vuzix Corp. (VUZI) Updates on Recent Additions to M300 Smart Glasses VIP Program
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!