Magna Int'l (MGA) to Acquire BÖCO Group of Companies
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Magna International Inc. announced that it has signed a purchase agreement to acquire the BÖCO Group of Companies, an automotive supplier of latches, hinges and strikers, to help bolster its product portfolio and engineering capabilities in key regions. Subject to regulatory approval, the transaction is expected to close in the third quarter of 2016.
Once complete, BÖCO's two facilities located in Wuppertal, Germany, and Tianjin, China, and its approximately 450 employees will be integrated into Magna Closures, an operating unit of Magna. BÖCO has annual sales of more than 100 million Euro and its customers include the BMW Group, Daimler and Audi. The addition of BÖCO complements Magna's product portfolio, enhances its engineering capabilities and strengthens its leadership position in the global closure systems market.
"We believe BÖCO is an excellent fit in terms of technology, footprint and customers, and we look forward to working together to further grow our business," said John O'Hara, President, Magna Closures. "BÖCO's product and processing know-how and engineering strength also provides additional global growth opportunities for us going forward, particularly with automakers based in Germany."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PRGX Global (PRGX) to Acquire SaaS P2P SIM Service Provider Lavante
- Endologix (ELGX) Names New Chief Medical Officer
- Kinross Gold (KGC), Yorbeau Resources Enter Option Agreement on Rouyn Property
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesBMW AG, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!