MRC Global (MRC) to Restructure, Downsize Australian Operations
- Wall St. rises amid robust GDP data, mixed earnings
- ExxonMobil (XOM) Tops Q3 EPS by 5c; CapEx Light of Views
- Baker Hughes (BHI), General Electric (GE) in Partnership Talks, Not Merger Talks
- AbbVie (ABBV) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook
- Amazon.com (AMZN) Misses Q3 EPS by 26c, Offers Q4 Guidance
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
MRC Global (NYSE: MRC) disclosed the following on Tuesday:
On August 19, 2016, MRC Global Inc. (“MRC Global” or the “Company”) committed to a plan to restructure and significantly downsize its Australian operations in response to the continued downturn in the oil and gas and mining industries in the region. This plan, which will begin immediately and is expected to be completed by the first quarter of 2017, includes the consolidation of facilities and locations, involuntary employee terminations and asset impairment charges. Pre-tax charges associated with the restructuring plan are expected to total $18 million to $24 million, including cash expenditures of $11 million to $14 million. The majority of these costs are expected to be incurred in the third and fourth quarters of 2016 and include, on a pre-tax basis, $7-$10 million of inventory-related charges, $6-$7 million of lease termination costs, $3-$4 million for facilities relocations and $2-$3 million of employee termination costs. Due to the current pre-tax loss position in Australia, the Company does not expect to recognize a tax benefit on any of these charges.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Aaron's (AAN) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Announces Further Restructuring Measures; Narrows FY16 EPS Outlook
- Stonemor Partners (STON) Set to Open Lower Following Distribution Cut
- Corindus Vascular Robotics (CVRS) Reports FDA Clearance for Next-Gen Robotic System
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Corp. News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!