MRC Global (MRC) to Restructure, Downsize Australian Operations
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
MRC Global (NYSE: MRC) disclosed the following on Tuesday:
On August 19, 2016, MRC Global Inc. (“MRC Global” or the “Company”) committed to a plan to restructure and significantly downsize its Australian operations in response to the continued downturn in the oil and gas and mining industries in the region. This plan, which will begin immediately and is expected to be completed by the first quarter of 2017, includes the consolidation of facilities and locations, involuntary employee terminations and asset impairment charges. Pre-tax charges associated with the restructuring plan are expected to total $18 million to $24 million, including cash expenditures of $11 million to $14 million. The majority of these costs are expected to be incurred in the third and fourth quarters of 2016 and include, on a pre-tax basis, $7-$10 million of inventory-related charges, $6-$7 million of lease termination costs, $3-$4 million for facilities relocations and $2-$3 million of employee termination costs. Due to the current pre-tax loss position in Australia, the Company does not expect to recognize a tax benefit on any of these charges.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Honeywell (HON) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS; Issues Q4 EPS outlook
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Will Report Q4 Results on Nov. 7th
- MGP Ingredients (MGPI) Comments on Chemical Release at Kansas Facility
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance, Hot Corp. News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!