MKS Instruments (MKSI) Announces Making $60M Term Loan Prepayment; Enters Interest Rate Swap Agreement
- Wall Street gains, helped by oil, economic data
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/5: (NVCN) (BCEI) (MEMP) Higher; (GTXI) (CERC) (HDSN) Lower
- Oil hits 16-month high in buying rush after OPEC agreement
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
MKS Instruments, Inc. (Nasdaq: MKSI) made a $60 million voluntary principal prepayment on its term loan. The prepayment was made through a tax efficient repatriation of cash from international operations. This prepayment is in addition to a scheduled principal payment of $1.8 million and reduces the outstanding principal amount of the term loan to $668 million as of September 30, 2016.
In addition, the Company also entered into an interest rate swap agreement to fix the rate on approximately 50% of its remaining outstanding term loan balance. The swap converts the floating rate on $335 million of the outstanding principal amount of the term loan to a fixed interest rate of 4.70% through September 2020.
“This represents our second voluntary term loan prepayment in the last four months, bringing our total voluntary prepayments to $110 million, and demonstrates our continued commitment to deleveraging our balance sheet and minimizing our cost of capital,” said Seth H. Bagshaw, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. “The execution of the interest rate swap aligns with our strategy to prudently manage our interest rate risk.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Viacom (VIAB) Appoints New Content Distribution EVP
- Stemline Therapeutics (STML) Presents Strong SL-401 Phase 2 Data at ASH 2016; 100% ORR Noted
- OncoMed Pharma (OMED) Chief Medical Officer Dupont Resgins
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!