MKS Instruments (MKSI) Announces Making $60M Term Loan Prepayment; Enters Interest Rate Swap Agreement
- European stocks hit three-week low as Trump reality sets in
- Unease over Trump sends dollar to one-and-half month low
- Oil falls as signs of U.S. output rise overshadows OPEC-led cuts
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Dish Network (DISH) to Overweight
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
MKS Instruments, Inc. (Nasdaq: MKSI) made a $60 million voluntary principal prepayment on its term loan. The prepayment was made through a tax efficient repatriation of cash from international operations. This prepayment is in addition to a scheduled principal payment of $1.8 million and reduces the outstanding principal amount of the term loan to $668 million as of September 30, 2016.
In addition, the Company also entered into an interest rate swap agreement to fix the rate on approximately 50% of its remaining outstanding term loan balance. The swap converts the floating rate on $335 million of the outstanding principal amount of the term loan to a fixed interest rate of 4.70% through September 2020.
“This represents our second voluntary term loan prepayment in the last four months, bringing our total voluntary prepayments to $110 million, and demonstrates our continued commitment to deleveraging our balance sheet and minimizing our cost of capital,” said Seth H. Bagshaw, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. “The execution of the interest rate swap aligns with our strategy to prudently manage our interest rate risk.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Perma-Fix (PESI) Names S. Robert Cochran to Board of Directors
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Names Todd Bluedorn to Board of Directors
- Ethicon Announces Acquisition of Megadyne Medical Products (JNJ)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!