MGT Capital Investments (MGT) to Terminate Current Asset Purchase Agreement with D-Vasive
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
MGT Capital Investments, Inc. (NYSE: MGT), updated shareholders today on its pending acquisition of D-Vasive and Demonsaw. As previously disclosed on September 20, 2016, the NYSE MKT informed the Company that it would not approve for listing on the Exchange the 43.8 million shares required to be issued to complete the closing of the D-Vasive merger. Since that time, the Company has had discussions and negotiations with all parties involved, in an effort to reach a revised agreement on acceptable terms.
Specifically, the Company plans to terminate the current Asset Purchase Agreement with D-Vasive. However, the Company has reached tentative agreements with John McAfee and Eric Anderson to execute employment agreements as Chief Executive Officer and Chief Technology Officer, respectively. In addition, the Company has reached a tentative agreement to exclusively license or acquire the Demonsaw source code and technology platform from D-Vasive. MGT believes that such a revised deal structure would be acceptable under NYSE MKT rules.
To further clarify, MGT's acquisition and commercialization plans of both the Sentinel technology, a network intrusion detector, and the E-Tagged technology, a mobile device tracking platform, remain in place as previously disclose. In addition, the Company's bitcoin mining operations are also fully owned and operated by MGT.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- T-Mobile seen as top target following AT&T-Time Warner deal
- Kinross Gold (KGC), Yorbeau Resources Enter Option Agreement on Rouyn Property
- Georgetown Bancorp, Inc. Reports Earnings and Announces Quarterly Cash Dividend
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Mergers and Acquisitions, Momentum Movers, Short Sales, Trading Halts
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement, Bitcoin
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!