MGT Capital (MGT) Updates on Recent Shareholder Votes; Makes Two Corrections
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
MGT Capital Investments, Inc. (NYSE: MGT) yesterday filed a Form 8-K Current Report with the Securities and Exchange Commission to report the results of its Annual Meeting held on September 8, 2016. Due to tabulation errors by professional third parties that administer the proxy voting process, MGT is forced to correct two errors in its September 9, 2016 press release.
Specifically, the proposal to amend the Company's restated certificate of incorporation to increase the amount of authorized common stock from 75,000,000 shares to 250,000,000 shares was not approved, even though the proposal garnered 84% of the votes cast. The specific reason in that the total number of votes did not reach the 50.1% threshold as required by Delaware law. Furthermore, so-called "broker non-votes" were excluded from the tally.
There is no immediate impact due to this change as the Company's current authorized share count is adequate to issue the 43.8 million shares contemplated by the stockholder approved D-Vasive acquisition.
Secondly, the proposal to ratify an amendment to the Company's restated certificate of incorporation to change its name to "John McAfee Global Technologies, Inc." was not approved for the same reasons, despite 99% of the votes cast being in favor of the change.
However, a name change by a Delaware company does not require shareholder ratification, and given the overwhelming support by those voting, the Company's board of directors will proceed with such change.
The six other proposals, including electing John McAfee to the board of directors as Executive Chairman passed as previously disclosed.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- MediaNews Commences Previously Announced Partial Tender Offer for Monster (MWW) Common Stock
- Basic Energy Services (BAS) to File for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy; Enters RSA with Certain Lenders, Noteholders
- Energy Hunter Resources (EHX) Files for Proposed IPO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Momentum Movers
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!