MGT Capital (MGT) Shareholders Approve Proposals; Includes Name Change to 'John McAfee Global Technologies'
- Wall St. opens higher as M&A activity boosts confidence
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) for $6.4B
- TD Ameritrade (AMTD) to Acquire Scottrade in $4B Cash & Stock Deal
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/24: (BEAV) (JPEP) (HLT) Higher; (BAS) (INO) (ADRO) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
MGT Capital Investments, Inc. (NYSE: MGT), announced that its shareholders approved all eight proposals voted on today at the Company's 2016 Annual Meeting of Stockholders.
"We are pleased to have received overwhelming shareholder approval for the proposals at this year's annual meeting of stockholders, including the proposals that allow the Board of Directors to move ahead with our plans to transition into an innovative cybersecurity company. We will be able to execute upon these activities and implement the next phase of our strategy, bringing us one step closer to becoming a game-changing force in the cybersecurity industry," stated John McAfee, Executive Chairman of MGT.
The approved proposals include:
- Authorizing the issuance of 43,800,000 shares of Common Stock in relation to the proposed acquisition of D-Vasive and Demonsaw;
- Ratification of the employment agreements for Mr. John McAfee and Mr. Robert Ladd;
- Ratification of the amendment to the Company's Restated Certificate of Incorporation to change its name to "John McAfee Global Technologies, Inc."
All eight proposals are described in detail in MGT's definitive proxy statement for the meeting, which was filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission on August 15, 2016. The proxy can be accessed via the Company's website, www.mgtci.com or at www.sec.gov.
Investor Call Details The Company will host a conference call with the investment community on Thursday, September 15, 2016 at 4:15 p.m. Eastern Time featuring remarks by John McAfee, Proposed Executive Chairman and CEO, Eijah Anderson, Chief Technology Officer, and Robert Ladd, CFA, Interim CEO, Treasurer and CFO.
The dial-in numbers for the conference call are 1-888-503-8171 (U.S. Toll Free) or 1-719-325-2454 (International). All dial-in participants must use the following code to access the call: 2280311.
Please call at least five minutes before the scheduled start time. The conference call will also be available via webcast, which can be accessed through the Investor Relations section of MGT's website, http://www.mgtci.com/events. Please allow extra time prior to the call to visit the site and download any necessary software to listen to the live broadcast.
For interested individuals unable to join the conference call, a replay of the call will be available through September 29, 2016, at 1-877-870-5176 (U.S. Toll Free) or 1-858-384-5517 (International). Participants must use the following code to access the replay of the call: 2280311. The online archive of the webcast will be available on http://www.mgtci.com/events for 30 days following the call.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Analogic (ALOG) CEO Green Resigns; Successor Named
- Cooper-standard Holdings (CPS) Prelim. Q3 Results Outpace Views
- Caterpillar (CAT) Reports World Machine Sales Down 18% in Sept.
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments, Momentum Movers
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!