MGP Ingredients (MGPI) Comments on Chemical Release at Kansas Facility
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
At approximately 8 a.m. today, a chemical release occurred at MGP Ingredients’ (Nasdaq: MGPI) plant in Atchison, Kansas. The reaction resulted in emissions venting into the air. As of 11 a.m., based on observations by local officials, the emissions had dispersed. Local officials reported some injuries, mostly respiratory issues, following the release.
MGP Ingredients has reported the event to the EPA and Kansas and local authorities, and is cooperating fully to investigate and ensure that all appropriate response actions are taken. MGP has also engaged outside experts to assist the investigation and response.
There was no significant damage to its Atchison plant as a result of this incident. No other MGP facilities, including its distillery in Lawrenceburg, Indiana, are affected by this incident.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- NeuroDerm (NDRM) Announces Top-Line Data from ND0701 PK Trial; Results Comparable to Reference Drug
- bluebird bio (BLUE) Names New COO and New SVP of Europe
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!