Lucas Energy (LEI) Unit Enters Lending Agreement for Eagle Ford Shale Development
- S&P, Dow fall with health stocks; Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Lucas Energy, Inc. (NYSE: LEI) announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary, CATI Operating, LLC ("CATI"), entered into an agreement with its senior lender, as evidenced by a promissory note, to borrow $1 million, effective August 15, 2016. The Company plans to use the funds to participate in the drilling and completion of certain Eagle Ford wells under a joint operating agreement with Lonestar Resources US, Inc. ("Lonestar") and conduct improvement maintenance operations on the existing assets of CATI. The agreement with Lonestar covers over 1,450 gross acres and Lucas' participation will vary from an 8% to a 14% working interest in the units.
"We are pleased to partner with Lonestar, a known and successful operator in the Eagle Ford, by initially participating in the Cyclone #9H and #10H wells in which CATI has a working interest of 8%," said Anthony C. Schnur, Chief Executive Officer of Lucas Energy. "This represents another step in the growth and expansion of our assets and our company. It is anticipated that the wells will enhance our reserve portfolio and production in addition to securing the leaseholds of the locations."
Under the terms of the note, a total of 80% of all cash flow generated by the wells is required to first be paid to satisfy amounts owed under the new and existing notes with the lender with the remaining 20% to be used by CATI for lease and other operating expenses and capital expenditures. Please refer to the Company's Current Report on Form 8-K, filed with the SEC on August 25, 2016, for more information regarding the terms and conditions of the note and funding.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- NYSE to Suspend Trading in MGT Capital Investments (MGT); Will Move to Delist
- Alkermes' (ALKS) FORWARD-5 Pivotal Phase 3 Study of ALKS 5461 for Major Depressive Disorder Mets Primary Endpoint
- FMC Technologies (FTI) Enters Settlement with U.S. SEC Over Allegations of Overstated Profits; Will Pay Penalty
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesCrude Oil
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!