Lockheed Martin (LMT) Receives $87.6M USAF Contract for Paveway II Plus Laser Guided Bombs
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) received an $87.6 million contract from the U.S. Air Force for follow-on production of Paveway II Plus Laser Guided Bomb (LGB) kits.
The contract represents the majority share of fiscal year 2016 funding and the 8th consecutive majority win for Lockheed Martin in the annual Air Force competition. Deliveries include the guidance and tail assemblies for GBU-10 (2,000-lb.) and GBU-12 (500-lb.) LGB configurations.
"Our efficient and cost-effective manufacturing enables us to offer the U.S. Air Force and our allies a cost-effective solution for their LGB requirements," said Joe Serra, Precision Guided Systems director at Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control. "Paveway II Plus LGB provides U.S. and allied warfighters with a reliable direct-attack capability to help them achieve their mission in today's air-to-ground engagements."
Lockheed Martin is a qualified provider of all three Paveway II MK-80 series LGB variants (GBU-10 MK-84, GBU-12 MK-82 and GBU-16 MK-83 [1,000 lb.]). Lockheed Martin is also the sole provider of the Enhanced Laser Guided Training Round and Dual Mode LGB kits. The company has delivered more than 150,000 training rounds, more than 75,000 Paveway II LGB kits and approximately 7,000 dual-mode systems to the U.S. Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force and more than 20 international customers. The systems are designed and manufactured at Lockheed Martin's 350,000-square-foot production facility in Archbald, Pennsylvania.
For additional information, visit our website: www.lockheedmartin.com.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Macy's (M), Sears (SHLD), Kohl's Corp. (KSS) Accused of Posting Fake 'Original' Prices - Bloomberg
- Emergent BioSolutions (EBS) Signs $911M CDC Follow-On Contract for Anthrax Vaccine
- Geron Reports Imetelstat Presentations at American Society of Hematology Annual Meeting
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!