Lockheed Martin (LMT) Receives $87.6M USAF Contract for Paveway II Plus Laser Guided Bombs
- Top 10 News for 9/19 - 9/23: Twitter on the Auction Block; Allergan Bolsters NASH Effort; Microsoft Returns Value
- Wall Street falls as energy lags; shares post gains on week
- Rumored Forever, Twitter (TWTR) May Have Finally Put the 'For Sale' Sign Up
- Facebook (FB) Shares Under Pressure on Reports Video Ad Metrics Were Artificially Inflated
- Brookfield Infrastructure (BIP)-Led Consortium to Take Controlling Stake in Petrobras' (PBR) NTS for $5.2B
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) received an $87.6 million contract from the U.S. Air Force for follow-on production of Paveway II Plus Laser Guided Bomb (LGB) kits.
The contract represents the majority share of fiscal year 2016 funding and the 8th consecutive majority win for Lockheed Martin in the annual Air Force competition. Deliveries include the guidance and tail assemblies for GBU-10 (2,000-lb.) and GBU-12 (500-lb.) LGB configurations.
"Our efficient and cost-effective manufacturing enables us to offer the U.S. Air Force and our allies a cost-effective solution for their LGB requirements," said Joe Serra, Precision Guided Systems director at Lockheed Martin Missiles and Fire Control. "Paveway II Plus LGB provides U.S. and allied warfighters with a reliable direct-attack capability to help them achieve their mission in today's air-to-ground engagements."
Lockheed Martin is a qualified provider of all three Paveway II MK-80 series LGB variants (GBU-10 MK-84, GBU-12 MK-82 and GBU-16 MK-83 [1,000 lb.]). Lockheed Martin is also the sole provider of the Enhanced Laser Guided Training Round and Dual Mode LGB kits. The company has delivered more than 150,000 training rounds, more than 75,000 Paveway II LGB kits and approximately 7,000 dual-mode systems to the U.S. Navy, Marine Corps, Air Force and more than 20 international customers. The systems are designed and manufactured at Lockheed Martin's 350,000-square-foot production facility in Archbald, Pennsylvania.
For additional information, visit our website: www.lockheedmartin.com.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Alliant Energy (LNT) CFO Tom Hanson to Retire
- PVH Corp. (PVH) Adds Unilever President Sourry Knox as Director
- Sunshine Heart (SSH) to Request Hearing Following Letter from Nasdaq on Listing Qualifications
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!