Lockheed Martin (LMT) Awarded $1.2B Contract to Modernize Republic of Korea F-16s
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Lockheed Martin (NYSE: LMT) was awarded a $1.2 billion contract to upgrade 134 F-16 aircraft for the Republic of Korea Air Force (ROKAF).
The upgrades are based on the advanced F-16V configuration. Among the enhancements are an Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar, a modern commercial off-the-shelf (COTS)-based avionics subsystem, a large-format, high-resolution center pedestal display and a high-volume and high-speed data bus.
"We truly appreciate the trust and confidence the Republic of Korea has placed in us with this contract," said Susan Ouzts, vice president of Lockheed Martin's F-16 program. "These upgrades are a critical piece of South Korea's national defense and highlight Lockheed Martin's commitment to the full lifecycle of the F-16, from production to through-life sustainment."
The contract for the ROKAF upgrade is a foreign military sales contract issued by the U.S. Air Force. As Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) and design authority of the F-16, Lockheed Martin is uniquely qualified to design, engineer, develop, integrate and sustain a complete F-16 weapons system solution tailored to customer requirements.
The F-16 Fighting Falcon is the world's most successful, combat-proven multi-role fighter with more than 4,570 F-16s delivered. The F-16 currently serves as the workhorse of the fighter fleet for 25 nations around the world.
For additional information, visit our website: lockheedmartin.com/f16
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Synovus Financial (SNV) Appoints F. Dixon Brooke Jr. to Board of Directors
- UPDATE: Viacom's (VIAB) Paramount, Shanghai Film, Huahua Sign Agreement to Co-Finance Slate of Films - Deadline.com
- Straight Path Communications (STRP) Releases Statement in Response to Kerrisdale Capital's Report
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!