Lipocine (LPCN) Prevails in LPCN 1021 Patent Suit
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Lipocine Inc. (Nasdaq: LPCN) announced that U.S. District Court in Delaware granted our motion to dismiss a lawsuit filed by Clarus Therapeutics, Inc. (“Clarus”). Clarus claimed that LPCN 1021 infringed Clarus’ patent (U.S. Patent No. 8,828,428). LPCN 1021 is Lipocine’s oral testosterone product candidate for testosterone replacement therapy ("TRT") in adult males for conditions associated with a deficiency or absence of endogenous testosterone, also known as hypogonadism.
“We are pleased that the court has dismissed this lawsuit. Going forward, we will continue to aggressively defend our intellectual property," said Dr. Mahesh Patel, President and CEO of Lipocine Inc. "We believe that LPCN 1021 has the potential to improve the ease of use compared to the available formulations, including topical gels and injections, and to overcome inadvertent testosterone transference risk to children and partners that exist with topical gels."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Viveve Medical (VIVE) Files Patent Infringement Lawsuit Against Thermi in Texas
- Stone Energy (SGY) Plans to File Chapter 11 Bankruptcy
- Vascular Solutions' (VASC) Fluent Inflation Device Receives FDA 510(k) Clearance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!