Lipocine (LPCN) Prevails in LPCN 1021 Patent Suit
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Lipocine Inc. (Nasdaq: LPCN) announced that U.S. District Court in Delaware granted our motion to dismiss a lawsuit filed by Clarus Therapeutics, Inc. (“Clarus”). Clarus claimed that LPCN 1021 infringed Clarus’ patent (U.S. Patent No. 8,828,428). LPCN 1021 is Lipocine’s oral testosterone product candidate for testosterone replacement therapy ("TRT") in adult males for conditions associated with a deficiency or absence of endogenous testosterone, also known as hypogonadism.
“We are pleased that the court has dismissed this lawsuit. Going forward, we will continue to aggressively defend our intellectual property," said Dr. Mahesh Patel, President and CEO of Lipocine Inc. "We believe that LPCN 1021 has the potential to improve the ease of use compared to the available formulations, including topical gels and injections, and to overcome inadvertent testosterone transference risk to children and partners that exist with topical gels."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- Chevron (CVX) Says Canadian Court Rejects Attempt to Enforce Fraudulent Ecuadorian Judgment
- Exclusive: Lingerie maker Victoria's Secret looks to uncover supply chain issues
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!