Lipocine (LPCN) Announces Positive Topline Data from LPCN 1111 Phase 2b as TRT
- Oil steady around $50 on doubts over OPEC output cuts
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c; Comps Up 1%, 2% Ex-Gas
- Universal Health (UHS) Disputes and Denies Conclusions in BuzzFeed Article
- Perrigo (PRGO) to Restructure BCH Omega Pharma Belgium Business; Will Terminate EuroGenerics Agreement
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Lipocine Inc. (Nasdaq: LPCN) reported positive top-line results from a Phase 2b clinical study of LPCN 1111, a novel oral testosterone replacement therapy ("TRT") product candidate. The primary objectives of the study were to determine the Phase 3 dose of LPCN 1111 along with the safety and tolerability of LPCN 1111 and its metabolites following oral administration of single and multiple doses in hypogonadal males.
The Phase 2b clinical trial was a randomized, open label, two-period, multi-dose PK study that enrolled hypogonadal males into five treatment groups. Each of the 12 subjects in a group received treatment for 14 days. Results of the Phase 2b study suggest that the primary objectives were met, including identifying the dose expected to be tested in a Phase 3 study. Good dose-response relationship was observed over the tested dose range in the Phase 2b study. The target Phase 3 dose met primary and secondary end points. LPCN 1111 was well tolerated with no drug-related severe or serious adverse events reported.
“We are pleased to report these positive top-line results, as these results reinforce our belief that LPCN 1111 represents a promising product candidate for once daily administration of testosterone," said Dr. Mahesh Patel, President and CEO of Lipocine Inc. "Based on this progress, we plan to meet with the United States Food and Drug Administration to discuss Phase 3 development plans."
About LPCN 1111
LPCN 1111, a novel prodrug of testosterone, originated with and is being developed by Lipocine as a next-generation oral testosterone product with potential for once daily dosing. LPCN 1111 comprises a novel prodrug different from the testosterone ester in LPCN 1021 and it uses Lipocine’s proprietary solubilization technology to improve systemic absorption to give effective testosterone levels.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GTx, Inc. (GTXI) Announces Early Initial Success from Ongoing Enobosarm Phase 2 in ER+/AR+ Breast Cancer
- Provectus Biopharma (PVCT), POETIC Enter Childhood Cancers Treatment Research Agreement
- Amicus Therapeutics (FOLD) Announces Positive Prelim. Data from ATB200/AT2221 Phase 1/2 as Paradigm Treatment
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!