Linear Technology Corp. (LLTC) Receives Shareholder Approval of Analog Devices (ADI) Deal
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Linear Technology Corporation (Nasdaq: LLTC) announced that, based on a preliminary vote tally from Linear Technology’s Annual Meeting of Stockholders, Linear Technology’s stockholders approved the merger agreement under which Analog Devices, Inc. (Nasdaq: ADI) (“Analog Devices”) will acquire Linear Technology. Stockholders also approved the election of the seven Linear Technology directors that were nominated for election and other proposals relating to the transaction.
Approximately 99% of voting LLTC stockholders cast their votes in favor of the proposal to approve the merger agreement, representing approximately 79% of LLTC’s outstanding common stock as of the record date for the Annual Meeting of Stockholders. The final vote results will be reported on a Current Report on Form 8-K that Linear Technology will file with the Securities and Exchange Commission.
Lothar Maier, Linear Technology CEO, commented, “Today our shareholders voted overwhelmingly to approve the combination of Linear Technology and Analog Devices. This highly complementary combination will provide our customers unparalleled access to a broad portfolio of high performance analog and power management products. We are excited and optimistic about the opportunities this creates for shareholders, customers and employees.”
The parties continue to expect the transaction to close in the first half of 2017, subject to receipt of regulatory approvals and satisfaction of customary closing conditions.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- Shire's (SHPG) Phase 3 Investigational Study of VONVENDI Meets Primary Endpoint in Controlling Bleeding in Adults with VWD
- Franklin Street Properties (FSP) Acquires Denver-Located Dominion Towers
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!