Ligand Pharmaceuticals (LGND) Says Glaxo (GSK) Submits Regulatory Apps for Promacta/Revolade
Ligand Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: LGND) partner GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE: GSK) has submitted regulatory applications in the United States and European Union related to eltrombopag (Promacta/Revolade) and its use to increase platelet counts in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection and low platelets (thrombocytopenia), specifically:
- A supplemental New Drug Application to the US Food and Drug Administration for Promacta (eltrombopag) as a treatment for thrombocytopenia in adult patients with chronic hepatitis C infection to enable the initiation of interferon-based therapy and to optimize interferon-based therapy.
- A variation to the Marketing Authorization Application to the European Medicines Agency for Revolade (eltrombopag) as a treatment for thrombocytopenia in adult patients with chronic hepatitis C infection to enable the initiation of interferon-based therapy and during interferon-based therapy.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- uniQure (QURE) Announces Updated Data from Ongoing Phase I/II trial of AMT-060
- Triumph Group (TGI) Appoints New CFO
- Cedar Realty Trust (CDR) Prices 5M Share Stock Offering for Proceeds of $39.3M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!