Ligand Pharmaceuticals (LGND) Says Glaxo (GSK) Submits Regulatory Apps for Promacta/Revolade
- Top 10 News for 1/20 - 1/23: ECB Plans Stimulus Measures; Netflix Ramps on Results; Icahn, eBay to Forge New Path
- Box, Inc. (BOX) IPO Opens Up 44%
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c
- McDonald's (MCD) Posts Q4 adj.-EPS of $1.26; Comps Fell 0.9%
- Ford Motor (F) Sees One-Time Q4 Charge of $800M on Venezuelan Bolivar Accounting
Ligand Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: LGND) partner GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE: GSK) has submitted regulatory applications in the United States and European Union related to eltrombopag (Promacta/Revolade) and its use to increase platelet counts in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection and low platelets (thrombocytopenia), specifically:
- A supplemental New Drug Application to the US Food and Drug Administration for Promacta (eltrombopag) as a treatment for thrombocytopenia in adult patients with chronic hepatitis C infection to enable the initiation of interferon-based therapy and to optimize interferon-based therapy.
- A variation to the Marketing Authorization Application to the European Medicines Agency for Revolade (eltrombopag) as a treatment for thrombocytopenia in adult patients with chronic hepatitis C infection to enable the initiation of interferon-based therapy and during interferon-based therapy.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Kythera Biophrarma's (KYTH) ATX-101 NDA Receives March 9th FDA Committee Review Date
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) Names Kevin Johnson as COO
- Incyte (INCY) Earns $25M Jakavi-Related Milestone Payment (NVS)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!