Ligand Pharmaceuticals (LGND) Says Glaxo (GSK) Submits Regulatory Apps for Promacta/Revolade
- OPEC Maintains Oil Production Target
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 11/28: (OPRN) (VRNG) (VGGL) Higher; (EXXI) (GDP) (LPI) Lower
- Oil Stocks Hammered as OPEC Maintains Production Target, Airlines Gain (XOM) (BP) (LUV) (HAL)
- Apple (AAPL) Weaker as iPhone Chip Orders Said to Be Slowing Down
- Thanksgiving Online Sales Up 20.1%, ChannelAdvisor Says (AMZN) (EBAY)
Ligand Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: LGND) partner GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE: GSK) has submitted regulatory applications in the United States and European Union related to eltrombopag (Promacta/Revolade) and its use to increase platelet counts in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection and low platelets (thrombocytopenia), specifically:
- A supplemental New Drug Application to the US Food and Drug Administration for Promacta (eltrombopag) as a treatment for thrombocytopenia in adult patients with chronic hepatitis C infection to enable the initiation of interferon-based therapy and to optimize interferon-based therapy.
- A variation to the Marketing Authorization Application to the European Medicines Agency for Revolade (eltrombopag) as a treatment for thrombocytopenia in adult patients with chronic hepatitis C infection to enable the initiation of interferon-based therapy and during interferon-based therapy.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Ebola Vaccine Found Safe, Produces Immune Response
- UPDATE: Best Buy (BBY) Website Unavailable; Update: Site Back Up
- The Coca-Cola (KO), SABMiller, Coca-Cola Sabco to Combine Bottling Operations in Africa (YDAY)
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!