Ligand Pharmaceuticals (LGND) Says Glaxo (GSK) Submits Regulatory Apps for Promacta/Revolade
- Facebook (FB) CEO Zuckerberg, Wife to Gift 99% of Shares to New Chan Zuckerberg Initiative
- Yahoo! (YHOO) to Weigh Sale of Internet Business - WSJ
- Market Wrap: Zuckerberg Plans Large Stock Donation; Auto Sales Edge Higher in Nov.; BlueCrest to go Private
- Wall St. gains with healthcare, upbeat auto sales
- Asia Supply Chain Confirms Continued Apple (AAPL) Weakness - Credit Suisse
Ligand Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: LGND) partner GlaxoSmithKline plc (NYSE: GSK) has submitted regulatory applications in the United States and European Union related to eltrombopag (Promacta/Revolade) and its use to increase platelet counts in patients with chronic hepatitis C virus infection and low platelets (thrombocytopenia), specifically:
- A supplemental New Drug Application to the US Food and Drug Administration for Promacta (eltrombopag) as a treatment for thrombocytopenia in adult patients with chronic hepatitis C infection to enable the initiation of interferon-based therapy and to optimize interferon-based therapy.
- A variation to the Marketing Authorization Application to the European Medicines Agency for Revolade (eltrombopag) as a treatment for thrombocytopenia in adult patients with chronic hepatitis C infection to enable the initiation of interferon-based therapy and during interferon-based therapy.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Scynexis (SCYX) Begins Enrollment of Phase 2 Study of SCY-078 in VVC
- Celladon (CLDN) Gains After Filing 8-K
- CEL-SCI Corp (CVM) Updates on November Enrollment Data for Ongoing Multikine Phase 3
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!