Liberty Media (LMCA) Files App With FCC for Du Jure Control of Sirius (SIRI)
- Wall Street rally continues as laggards advance
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
On August 17, 2012, Liberty Media Corporation (Nasdaq: LMCA) filed with the Federal Communications Commission an Application for Consent to Transfer of De Jure Control. In the Application, Liberty Media indicates, among other things, that it “intends to purchase sufficient additional shares of Sirius (Nasdaq: SIRI) common stock such that, upon conversion of its Preferred Shares, it will own more than 50% of the total outstanding shares of Sirius….” Liberty Media also noted that it will “have purchased sufficient shares of Sirius’ common stock and will convert its Preferred Shares such that the transfer of control will be completed within 60 days of Commission consent.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Iron Mountain (IRM) Received Requisite Approval to Sell C21 Data Services Ltd
- Sirius XM (SIRI) Looking at Pandora (P), Tidal, Other Web Services - Bloomberg, Citing Liberty Media (LMCA)
- W. P. Carey (WPC) COO/Head of Asset Management Thomas Zacharias to Retire
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!