Liberty Media (LMCA) Files App With FCC for Du Jure Control of Sirius (SIRI)
- Yellen Jackson Hole Speech: Labor Market Dynamics and Monetary Policy
- It's About Time Apple (AAPL) Price Targets Started Moving Higher
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 8/22: (PSMI) (MSN) (PRKR) Higher; (ZBB) (BORN) (RGSE) Lower
- Dynegy (DYN) to Acquire Duke Energy's (DUK) Midwest Generation Assets in $6.25B Deal
- Murata Electronics to Acquire Peregrine Semi (PSMI) in Net $465M Deal
On August 17, 2012, Liberty Media Corporation (Nasdaq: LMCA) filed with the Federal Communications Commission an Application for Consent to Transfer of De Jure Control. In the Application, Liberty Media indicates, among other things, that it “intends to purchase sufficient additional shares of Sirius (Nasdaq: SIRI) common stock such that, upon conversion of its Preferred Shares, it will own more than 50% of the total outstanding shares of Sirius….” Liberty Media also noted that it will “have purchased sufficient shares of Sirius’ common stock and will convert its Preferred Shares such that the transfer of control will be completed within 60 days of Commission consent.”
You May Also Be Interested In
- NeuStar (NSR) Working with JP Morgan on Possible Sale - Reuters
- Family Dollar (FDO) Wants 'Come Hell or High Water Clause' from Dollar General (DG) - Bloomberg
- BofA (BAC) Enters $16.7B Settlement with DoJ Over RMBS Investigation
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!