Liberty Media (LMCA) Files App With FCC for Du Jure Control of Sirius (SIRI)
- Greece, China Issues Weigh on Market Psychology
- Aetna (AET) to Acquire Humana (HUM) for $37 Billion, or $230/Share
- Top 10 News for 6/29 - 7/2: Greece's Bark Bites Markets; Tesla's Q2 Sales Outpace; Major Insurance Merger Announced
- Yelp (YELP) Sale Process Said to Stall as CEO Changes Mind
- UPDATE: Nonfarm Payrolls Added 223K in June, Missing Views Amid Gains in Health Care, Retail Trade
On August 17, 2012, Liberty Media Corporation (Nasdaq: LMCA) filed with the Federal Communications Commission an Application for Consent to Transfer of De Jure Control. In the Application, Liberty Media indicates, among other things, that it “intends to purchase sufficient additional shares of Sirius (Nasdaq: SIRI) common stock such that, upon conversion of its Preferred Shares, it will own more than 50% of the total outstanding shares of Sirius….” Liberty Media also noted that it will “have purchased sufficient shares of Sirius’ common stock and will convert its Preferred Shares such that the transfer of control will be completed within 60 days of Commission consent.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- FTC Requires Dollar Tree (DLTR) and Family Dollar (FDO) to Divest 330 Stores as Condition of Merger
- ALLETE Clean Energy (ALE) Closes Acquisition of Armenia Mountain Wind Farm (AES)
- OPKO Health (OPK), Bio-Reference Labs (BRLI) Announces Early HSR Act Termination in Proposed M&A Deal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!