Liberty Media (LMCA) Files App With FCC for Du Jure Control of Sirius (SIRI)
- Apple, Inc. (AAPL) Tops Q2 EPS by $1.44; Announces 7-for-1 Stock Split
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 4/24: (ZMH) (ANGI) (AAPL) Higher; (SILC) (QCOM) (UA) Lower (more...)
- Apple (AAPL) a Shoe-In for the Dow Amid Stock Split
- Zimmer (ZMH) to Acquire Biomet in ~$13.35B Deal
- UPS (UPS) Misses Q1 EPS by 10c; Sees FY14 EPS at Low-End of Range
On August 17, 2012, Liberty Media Corporation (Nasdaq: LMCA) filed with the Federal Communications Commission an Application for Consent to Transfer of De Jure Control. In the Application, Liberty Media indicates, among other things, that it “intends to purchase sufficient additional shares of Sirius (Nasdaq: SIRI) common stock such that, upon conversion of its Preferred Shares, it will own more than 50% of the total outstanding shares of Sirius….” Liberty Media also noted that it will “have purchased sufficient shares of Sirius’ common stock and will convert its Preferred Shares such that the transfer of control will be completed within 60 days of Commission consent.”
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Bank of New York (BK) Weighing Sale of Corporate Trust Unit - Report
- Riverbed Technology, Inc. (RVBD) not seeking sale - Forbes
- iBio, Inc. (IBIO) Lchenase Fusion Protein Tech Receives Chinese Patent
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!