Liberty Media (LMCA) Files App With FCC for Du Jure Control of Sirius (SIRI)
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q1 EPS by 46c, Sales Beat
- Market Wrap: Durable Orders, Blue Chip Guidance Pressures Markets; Apple has Record Quarter
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Plans Tax-Free Spin of Remaining Alibaba (BABA) Stake
- U.S. Steel (X) Tops Q4 EPS Views; Offers FY15 Outlook
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/27: (ABMD) (AAPL) (FSL) (YHOO) Higher; (ETH) (IDT) (SYRG) Lower (more...)
On August 17, 2012, Liberty Media Corporation (Nasdaq: LMCA) filed with the Federal Communications Commission an Application for Consent to Transfer of De Jure Control. In the Application, Liberty Media indicates, among other things, that it “intends to purchase sufficient additional shares of Sirius (Nasdaq: SIRI) common stock such that, upon conversion of its Preferred Shares, it will own more than 50% of the total outstanding shares of Sirius….” Liberty Media also noted that it will “have purchased sufficient shares of Sirius’ common stock and will convert its Preferred Shares such that the transfer of control will be completed within 60 days of Commission consent.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Informatica (INFA) Makes Contact with Potential Buyers - DJ
- Sirius XM Radio to Announce Full-Year and Fourth Quarter 2014 Results
- Shire plc (SHPG) LIALDA Petition Granted by U.S. Supreme Court
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!