Liberty Media (LMCA) Files App With FCC for Du Jure Control of Sirius (SIRI)
- Market Wrap: Initial Claims Show Modest Gain; GE Bring on Q1 Beat; Wal-mart Gets into Money-Transfer Game
- Streetinsider.com After-Hours Movers 04/17: (AMD) (SCSS) Higher; (ACTG) (AVGO) (ATHN) Lower
- Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD) Tops Q1 EPS by 2c; Sees Q2 Revs +/- 3% Q/Q
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q1 EPS by 1c
- athenahealth, Inc. (ATHN) Misses Q1 EPS by 5c
On August 17, 2012, Liberty Media Corporation (Nasdaq: LMCA) filed with the Federal Communications Commission an Application for Consent to Transfer of De Jure Control. In the Application, Liberty Media indicates, among other things, that it “intends to purchase sufficient additional shares of Sirius (Nasdaq: SIRI) common stock such that, upon conversion of its Preferred Shares, it will own more than 50% of the total outstanding shares of Sirius….” Liberty Media also noted that it will “have purchased sufficient shares of Sirius’ common stock and will convert its Preferred Shares such that the transfer of control will be completed within 60 days of Commission consent.”
You May Also Be Interested In
- UPDATE: Avago Tech (AVGO) Active Following Patent Case Ruling
- UPDATE: Sandisk Corp (SNDK) Boosts FY Margin Guidance
- Spectrum Pharmaceuticals (SPPI) Appointed Joseph Turgeon as President and COO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!