Liberty Media (LMCA) Files App With FCC for Du Jure Control of Sirius (SIRI)
- Market Wrap: Shire Makes Bid for Baxalta, Gets Rejected; Fed's Lockhart Hints at Sept. Rate Hike; Splitsville for RR Donnelley
- Disney (DIS) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c
- China Worries, Technical Damage Weigh on Apple (AAPL)
- Activision Blizzard (ATVI) Tops Q2 EPS by 5c, Revenue Beats, Offers Guidance
- After-Hours Stock Movers 08/04: (USNA) (CHUY) (Z) Higher; (ETSY) (TRMB) (GLUU) (DIS) Lower (more...)
On August 17, 2012, Liberty Media Corporation (Nasdaq: LMCA) filed with the Federal Communications Commission an Application for Consent to Transfer of De Jure Control. In the Application, Liberty Media indicates, among other things, that it “intends to purchase sufficient additional shares of Sirius (Nasdaq: SIRI) common stock such that, upon conversion of its Preferred Shares, it will own more than 50% of the total outstanding shares of Sirius….” Liberty Media also noted that it will “have purchased sufficient shares of Sirius’ common stock and will convert its Preferred Shares such that the transfer of control will be completed within 60 days of Commission consent.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Griffin Capital Acquires Tucson-Based Property from Aetna (AET)
- SiriusXM Announces Comprehensive Broadcast Coverage of the 2015 PGA Championship
- SiriusXM Announces Launch of "Entrepreneurs are Everywhere" Hosted by Steve Blank
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!