Liberty Media (LMCA) Files App With FCC for Du Jure Control of Sirius (SIRI)
- Avago Tech (AVGO) to Acquire Broadcom (BRCM) in ~$37B Deal
- CA Technologies (CA) to Acquire Rally Software (RALY) in ~$480M Deal
- Costco Wholesale (COST) Tops Q3 EPS by 1c
- After-Hours Stock Movers 05/27: (RALY) (PLKI) Higher; (NBS) (TLYS) (OCN) Lower (more...)
- Express (EXPR) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c; Guides Above the Street
On August 17, 2012, Liberty Media Corporation (Nasdaq: LMCA) filed with the Federal Communications Commission an Application for Consent to Transfer of De Jure Control. In the Application, Liberty Media indicates, among other things, that it “intends to purchase sufficient additional shares of Sirius (Nasdaq: SIRI) common stock such that, upon conversion of its Preferred Shares, it will own more than 50% of the total outstanding shares of Sirius….” Liberty Media also noted that it will “have purchased sufficient shares of Sirius’ common stock and will convert its Preferred Shares such that the transfer of control will be completed within 60 days of Commission consent.”
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JAC Capital to Acquire NXP Semi's (NXPI) RF Power Business in $1.8B Deal
- David Frear to Present at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch Global Telecom & Media Conference
- Geeknet (GKNT) Reports Unsolicited $20/Share Cash Offer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!