Lexicon Pharma (LXRX) to Acquire Remaining Symphony Icon Obligations
- Wall St. lower as earnings from some big names disappoint
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/25: (CWEI) (NXTD) (EYES) Higher; (DPRX) (CRBP) (CALA) Lower (more...)
- General Motors (GM) Tops Q3 EPS by 28c
- Procter & Gamble (PG) Tops Q1 EPS by 5c
- DuPont (DD) Tops Q3 EPS by 14c; Boosts FY16 EPS Outlook; Says Continuing to Work with Regulators
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: LXRX) announced that it has entered into an agreement to buy out its remaining obligations under its clinical development financing arrangement with Symphony Icon Holdings LLC upon regulatory approval in the United States for the marketing and sale of telotristat ethyl.
"In light of progress in the process of regulatory review of telotristat ethyl for carcinoid syndrome, we felt this would be an opportune time to reach a favorable settlement of the remaining financial obligations under our collaboration with Symphony Icon," said Jeffrey L. Wade, Lexicon's executive vice president, corporate and administrative affairs and chief financial officer. "The buyout arrangement will reduce the overall amount of our payment obligations and eliminate the sharing of future milestone payment and other license proceeds relating to telotristat ethyl."
Under the buyout arrangement, Lexicon will make a single payment to Symphony Icon of $21.013 million upon U.S. regulatory approval of telotristat ethyl. The buyout will replace and eliminate the remaining contingent payments of up to $29.550 million for which Lexicon was obligated under the terms of the Symphony collaboration in effect prior to the buyout agreement. Consistent with the terms of the Symphony collaboration previously in effect, the buyout payment may be payable in cash or a combination of cash and up to 50% in Lexicon common stock, at Lexicon's option.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Lexicon Pharma (LXRX) Announces Sotagliflozin Phase 2 Met Primary Endpoint in T2D
- UPDATE: Barrick Gold (ABX) Gains; Chinese Miners Said in Talks for Stake in Veladero Mine - Reuters
- Basic Energy Services (BAS) Files for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy; Appoints New Chief Restructuring Officer
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!