Lexicon Pharma (LXRX) Says FDA Extended Telotristat Etiprate PDUFA Date Until February 28, 2017
- Futures fall on Brexit worries, Trump's dollar comments
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c
- Trump, Brexit uncertainty hit stocks and dollar, gold jumps
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Lexicon Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq: LXRX) announced that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration will require additional time to complete its review of the New Drug Application for telotristat etiprate, an oral drug for the treatment of carcinoid syndrome. In a notice received from the FDA, the Prescription Drug User Fee Act ("PDUFA") date for its Priority Review of telotristat etiprate has been extended by three months, from November 30, 2016 to February 28, 2017. In response to an information request from the FDA, additional clinical data analyses have been submitted and the extension will provide the FDA time for a full review of the submission.
"We look forward to continuing to work closely with the FDA throughout the remainder of the regulatory review of telotristat etiprate," said Lexicon President and Chief Executive Officer, Lonnel Coats. "We appreciate the efforts of the FDA to conduct a complete review of all of the data supporting our NDA and we are committed to bringing this potential new therapy to patients suffering from carcinoid syndrome."
Carcinoid syndrome is a rare disease affecting thousands of cancer patients with metastatic neuroendocrine tumors (mNETs) that have spread to the liver and other organs from the gastrointestinal tract. The condition is characterized by frequent and debilitating diarrhea that often prevents patients from leading active, predictable lives, as well as facial flushing, abdominal pain, fatigue and, over time, heart valve damage.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Eli Lilly & Co. (LLY), Incyte (INCY) Announce FDA Extends Review Period for Baricitinib
- Benitec Biopharma (BNTC) BB-301 Granted Orphan Drug Designation in EU
- TherapeuticsMD (TXMD) Two Manuscripts on the Rejoice Trial for TX-004HR Published in Menopause Journal
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!