LendingClub (LC) Enters $1.3B Investment Agreement with National Bank of Canada
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Lending Club (NYSE: LC) announced that National Bank of Canada has approved investing up to $1.3 billion to be deployed on the Lending Club platform over the next twelve months. The investment will be undertaken by Credigy, a U.S. subsidiary of National Bank of Canada, which specializes in consumer finance investment.
"We're pleased to add this platform purchase program with Credigy to our investor capital mix. As we take multiple strategic actions to enhance our marketplace, we see the Credigy program as a way we're further diversifying our investor base and adding the funding visibility and stability that can make us even more resilient in various market conditions," said Scott Sanborn, President and CEO at Lending Club.
"Lending Club is a clear leader in delivering access to unsecured consumer credit. Based on Lending Club's track record of loan performance and our extensive review, we are excited to establish this purchase program and invest on the platform," said Brett Samsky, CEO of Credigy.
Lending Club's investor base spans a broad range of retail investors, banks, asset managers, and a variety of institutions. Each investor plays a role in the efficiency, stability and scalability of the marketplace and in the company's ability to deliver affordable credit to borrowers across the credit spectrum. The Credigy program joins other recent developments in Lending Club's funding mix, including the launch of a 40 Act Fund and the completion of a successful securitization that supplements the stability of the retail investor base.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Refutes TASER's Attack on ‘292 Patent; Says Nothing New Here
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Announces Filing Regulatory Submission with EMA for FF/UMEC/VI as COPD Treatment
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!