Leidos (LDOS) Receives U.S. DHS CBP Delivery Order
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Leidos (NYSE: LDOS) received a delivery order by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP), to supply cargo and vehicle scanning systems, as well as provide optional training and maintenance to help CBP officers identify illegal materials while facilitating international trade. This order has a 30-month base period of performance and an option period of up to 10 years of maintenance from the final acceptance of the final unit. If all options are exercised, the total value is approximately $66 million.
Through this delivery order, Leidos will deliver 22 of the VACIS M6500 scanners, a Non-Intrusive Medium Energy Mobile Scanner, to CBP ports of entry across the United States. The VACIS M6500 scanners enable CBP to perform effective and efficient non-intrusive inspection of conveyances, including trailer trucks, pallets, trailer-mounted cargo containers and other vehicles for contraband such as illicit drugs, terrorist weapons and currency.
"Given that CBP screens more than 67,000 cargo containers each day, it is imperative that incoming cargo and vehicles are quickly evaluated with a high level of scrutiny," said Scott Gray, senior vice president of Homeland Security Solutions at Leidos. "The VACIS M6500 scanners and support we offer will enable CBP field officers to accurately identify dangerous materials while continuing to support the efficient flow of legal goods and people across U.S. borders."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- Delphi Automotive (DLPH) Names Glen De Vos as CTO
- Rennova Health (RNVA) Says Genomas Subsidiary Granted Patent
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!