Leidos (LDOS) Receives U.S. DHS CBP Delivery Order
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Leidos (NYSE: LDOS) received a delivery order by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP), to supply cargo and vehicle scanning systems, as well as provide optional training and maintenance to help CBP officers identify illegal materials while facilitating international trade. This order has a 30-month base period of performance and an option period of up to 10 years of maintenance from the final acceptance of the final unit. If all options are exercised, the total value is approximately $66 million.
Through this delivery order, Leidos will deliver 22 of the VACIS M6500 scanners, a Non-Intrusive Medium Energy Mobile Scanner, to CBP ports of entry across the United States. The VACIS M6500 scanners enable CBP to perform effective and efficient non-intrusive inspection of conveyances, including trailer trucks, pallets, trailer-mounted cargo containers and other vehicles for contraband such as illicit drugs, terrorist weapons and currency.
"Given that CBP screens more than 67,000 cargo containers each day, it is imperative that incoming cargo and vehicles are quickly evaluated with a high level of scrutiny," said Scott Gray, senior vice president of Homeland Security Solutions at Leidos. "The VACIS M6500 scanners and support we offer will enable CBP field officers to accurately identify dangerous materials while continuing to support the efficient flow of legal goods and people across U.S. borders."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Whirlpool (WHR) Announces U.S. Confirms Samsung and LG Dumped Washers
- Genomic Health (GHDX) Reports Results from Multiple Oncotype DX Studies
- Ascena Retail Group (ASNA) Announces David Jaffe as Chairman of the Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!