Leidos (LDOS) Receives Prime Award from DHS CBP for X-Ray, Imaging Tech Services
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Leidos (NYSE: LDOS) was awarded a prime contract by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Customs and Border Protection (CBP), to provide systems administration and maintenance services for X-ray and imaging technology. This hybrid firm fixed-price time and materials contract has a one-year base period of performance, and includes four one-year options. If all options are exercised, the contract carries a total value of approximately $155 million.
Under this award, Leidos will help the CBP's efforts in securing the Nation's borders, by providing post-warranty support for fielded technology. This includes Non-Intrusive Inspection (NII) gamma imaging and X-ray equipment like Leidos' VACIS inspection systems, Radiation Portal Monitors (RPM), and Radiation Isotope Identification Devices (RIID). Through the company's maintenance and support efforts, the CBP will be able to better maintain operational readiness and ensure the equipment is functioning appropriately.
"We are pleased to continue our support of the CBP mission by providing critical administration and maintenance services," said Tim Reardon, President of Leidos Intelligence and Homeland Security. "Through our efforts, the CBP will be better able to secure land border crossings, airports, seaports, and rail crossings within the United States and abroad."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Leidos (LDOS) Declares $0.32 Quarterly Dividend; 2.5% Yield
- Shire's (SHPG) Phase 3 Investigational Study of VONVENDI Meets Primary Endpoint in Controlling Bleeding in Adults with VWD
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Receives Adverse Decision in Texas Hip Implants Case; Will Pay $1B
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!