Leidos (LDOS) Announces Receipt of $777M GSA Contract
- Wall Street climbs in wake of first presidential face-off
- Nike (NKE) Tops Q1 EPS by 17c; Futures Orders Miss Views
- Tempur Sealy (TPX) Updates on Outlook; Sees Q3 Sales Below Prior Expectations
- Galectin (GALT) Reports Exploratory Phase 2a Pilot Trial of GR-MD-02 in Nash Misses Primary Biomarker Endpoint; Announces $1.5M Private Placement
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/27: (SEED) (GALE) (CTAS) Higher; (GALT) (TPX) (NKE) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Leidos (NYSE: LDOS) will support the Army Geospatial Center's (AGC) High-Resolution, 3-D (HR3D) Geospatial Information program through a prime contract from the General Services Administration (GSA). The single-award task order awarded under the GSA One Acquisition Solution for Integrated Services (OASIS) contract has a one-year base period of performance and includes four one-year options. If all options are exercised, the contract carries a total value of $777 million.
Under the contract, the Leidos team will collect, process, disseminate, store and maintain HR3D geospatial information. Leidos will conduct airborne and terrestrial collection operations, process the information and produce geospatial products needed over operationally relevant areas. In the collection process, Leidos will also integrate advanced Light Detection and Ranging (LIDAR) sensor technology from a higher altitude using a higher velocity aircraft platform. KEYW Corporation, Tenax TM LLC., Neany Inc., Sigma Space Corp., OG Systems LLC., Pixia Corp. and Woolpert Inc. are teaming with Leidos to provide the cost-effective solutions and capabilities for the AGC program.
Insufficient unclassified HR3D geospatial information also limits the ability of the U.S. to adequately engage other nations in expanding their capabilities and working towards a sustainable, secure environment. The AGC program will address this critical gap for high-resolution mapping products covering the majority of the undeveloped world.
"Leidos has a long history of directly supporting U.S. Army warfighters through vital airborne programs," said Roger A. Krone, Leidos' Chairman and Chief Executive Officer. "Our team is excited to continue that support using advanced technologies to produce critical mapping products."
"The selection of the Leidos team on this contract solidifies our standing as leaders in airborne capabilities," said John Fratamico, president of the Leidos Advanced Solutions Group. "We remain dedicated to supporting our customer and providing cost-effective, advanced technology solutions to meet the DoD's mission requirements."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Shell Midstream Partners (SHLX) Acquires Interests in Mars Oil Pipeline, Odyssey Pipeline
- Galapagos NV (GLPG) Says Regulatory Discussions Over DIVERSITY Phase 3 Completed
- Quidel Corp (QDEL) Announces FDA Clearance for Its Solana Influenza A+B Assay
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!