Lannett's (LCI) Memantine Hydrochloride Tabs ANDA Approved by U.S. FDA
- Euro and global stocks hold Italy-related gains ahead of ECB
- Roper Industries (ROP) to acquire Deltek in $2.8B Deal
- GoDaddy (GDDY) to Acquire Host Europe Group in ~$1.8B Deal
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Trump's corporate tax holiday could spur pharma M&A
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Lannett Company, Inc. (NYSE: LCI) announced that it received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of its Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) for Memantine Hydrochloride Tablets USP, 5 mg and 10 mg, the therapeutic equivalent to the reference listed drug, Namenda Tablets, 5 mg and 10 mg, of Forest Laboratories LLC. According to IMS, total U.S. sales in 2015 of Memantine Hydrochloride Tablets USP, 5 mg and 10 mg, at Average Wholesale Price (AWP) were approximately $50 million.
"Memantine Hydrochloride Tablets is indicated for the treatment of moderate to severe dementia," said Arthur Bedrosian, chief executive officer of Lannett. "This product is in addition to our Memantine Oral Solution and represents the ninth product approval we have received in calendar 2016. We expect to commence marketing the product in approximately two months."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Spectrum Pharma (SPPI) Highlights Case Match Control Analysis of PROPEL Study Data at ASH
- Merck (MRK) to Present Strong Results from Two KEYTRUDA Studies in r/r cHL
- Celgene (CELG) Presents Results from Three CC-486 Studies in MDS, CMML, and AML at ASH 2016
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!