Lannett (LCI) Says Buprenorphine and Naloxone Sublingual Tablets NDA Approved by FDA
- Wall Street rallies as OPEC reaches output deal
- Pier 1 Imports (PIR) Reports In-Line Q2 EPS; Comps Fall 4.3%
- Intra-Cellular Therapies (ITCI) Announces ITI-007 Phase 3 Missed Primary Endpoint in Schizophrenia
- Vertex Pharma (VRTX) Announces FDA Approval for ORKAMBI in Children 6-11; Lowers 2016 ORKAMBI Revenue Outlook
- After-Hours Stock Movers 09/28: (AEGR) (PIR) (GSAT) Higher; (ITCI) (ATNM) (PRGS) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Lannett Company, Inc. (NYSE: LCI) announced that it received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of its Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) for Buprenorphine and Naloxone Sublingual Tablets, 2 mg/0.5 mg and 8 mg/2 mg, the therapeutic equivalent to the reference listed drug, Suboxone Sublingual Tablets, 2 mg/0.5 mg and 8 mg/2 mg. According to IMS, total U.S. sales in 2015 of Buprenorphine and Naloxone Sublingual Tablets, 2 mg/0.5 mg and 8 mg/2 mg, at Average Wholesale Price (AWP) were approximately $270 million.
"Buprenorphine and Naloxone Sublingual Tablets, a Class III drug, is an important medication for the treatment of opioid addiction," said Arthur Bedrosian, chief executive officer of Lannett. "This product represents another approval received from our wholly owned subsidiary, Kremers Urban Pharmaceuticals."
The product received FDA approval under an approved Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS), known as the Buprenorphine-containing Transmucosal products for Opioid Dependence (BTOD) REMS program, and will be distributed in accordance with FDA and U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) regulations governing the handling of CIII controlled substances.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- FDA Approves Medtronic's Automated Insulin Delivery Device for Type 1 Diabetes
- Powell Industries (POWL) Appoints Brett Cope as CEO
- Progress Software (PRGS) Names Kurt J. Abkemeier as CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!