Lannett (LCI) Says Buprenorphine and Naloxone Sublingual Tablets NDA Approved by FDA
- Wall Street falls as investors ready for Trump's inauguration
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/19: (SWKS) (QRVO) (NVAX) Higher; (AFMD) (SGYP) (IBM) Lower (more...)
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Lannett Company, Inc. (NYSE: LCI) announced that it received approval from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of its Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) for Buprenorphine and Naloxone Sublingual Tablets, 2 mg/0.5 mg and 8 mg/2 mg, the therapeutic equivalent to the reference listed drug, Suboxone Sublingual Tablets, 2 mg/0.5 mg and 8 mg/2 mg. According to IMS, total U.S. sales in 2015 of Buprenorphine and Naloxone Sublingual Tablets, 2 mg/0.5 mg and 8 mg/2 mg, at Average Wholesale Price (AWP) were approximately $270 million.
"Buprenorphine and Naloxone Sublingual Tablets, a Class III drug, is an important medication for the treatment of opioid addiction," said Arthur Bedrosian, chief executive officer of Lannett. "This product represents another approval received from our wholly owned subsidiary, Kremers Urban Pharmaceuticals."
The product received FDA approval under an approved Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS), known as the Buprenorphine-containing Transmucosal products for Opioid Dependence (BTOD) REMS program, and will be distributed in accordance with FDA and U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) regulations governing the handling of CIII controlled substances.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Citron Research Negative on Lannett (LCI); Sees Shares at 'Zero' Over Long Term
- Osiris Therapeutics (OSIR) Aannounced Comparative Effectiveness Study on Use of Two Human Placental Membranes in Wound Management
- Sonic Corp (SONC) Elects Steven Davis to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!