Lannett (LCI) Receives FDA Notice of Intention to Withdraw Methylphenidate HCl ER Tablets ANDA; Offers Commentary
- Wall Street rises, buoyed by economic data; Dow sets high
- Twitter (TWTR) 'Takeover Money' Moves On as 'Trump Money' Moves In
- Amazon (AMZN) Could Open Over 2,000 Brick-and Mortar Groceries if Tests Succeed - DJ; Kroger (KR) on Watch
- Buy Any Seasonal Market Weakness Ahead of Year End Rally - Oppenheimer (SPY)
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/05: (TXMD) (COUP) (BOBE) Higher; (SB) (LXRX) (STWD) Lower (more...)
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Lannett Company, Inc. (NYSE: LCI) received a notice from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that it will seek to withdraw approval of the Company's Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) for Methylphenidate Hydrochloride (HCl) Extended-Release (ER) Tablets. FDA's proposal includes an opportunity for Lannett to request a hearing on this matter.
"We remain confident that our Methylphenidate ER products are safe and effective," said Arthur Bedrosian, chief executive officer of Lannett. "Accordingly, we intend to review the scientific rationale for FDA's most recent position and compile the scientific evidence to convince FDA's Office of Generic Products that our product should continue to be marketed. This will preserve patient and prescriber choice, and maintain an affordable alternative drug on the market to treat attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder."
Lannett has until November 17, 2016 to request the hearing and until December 19, 2016 to submit all data, information and analyses upon which the request for a hearing relies.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- UDR, Inc. (UDR) Appoints New CFO
- Stemline Therapeutics (STML) Presents Strong SL-401 Phase 2 Data at ASH 2016; 100% ORR Noted
- Juno Therapeutics (JUNO) Announces Prelim. JCAR017 Data in r/r NHL; No sCRS Observed
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!