Lannett (LCI) Receives FDA Notice of Intention to Withdraw Methylphenidate HCl ER Tablets ANDA; Offers Commentary
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Lannett Company, Inc. (NYSE: LCI) received a notice from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that it will seek to withdraw approval of the Company's Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) for Methylphenidate Hydrochloride (HCl) Extended-Release (ER) Tablets. FDA's proposal includes an opportunity for Lannett to request a hearing on this matter.
"We remain confident that our Methylphenidate ER products are safe and effective," said Arthur Bedrosian, chief executive officer of Lannett. "Accordingly, we intend to review the scientific rationale for FDA's most recent position and compile the scientific evidence to convince FDA's Office of Generic Products that our product should continue to be marketed. This will preserve patient and prescriber choice, and maintain an affordable alternative drug on the market to treat attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder."
Lannett has until November 17, 2016 to request the hearing and until December 19, 2016 to submit all data, information and analyses upon which the request for a hearing relies.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Sears Holdings (SHLD) Director Mnuchin Resigns Amid Trump Nod
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!