Lannett (LCI) Receives FDA Notice of Intention to Withdraw Methylphenidate HCl ER Tablets ANDA; Offers Commentary
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Third-Party Said Interested in PrivateBancorp (PVTB) as CIBC (CM) Deal is Delayed
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Lannett Company, Inc. (NYSE: LCI) received a notice from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that it will seek to withdraw approval of the Company's Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) for Methylphenidate Hydrochloride (HCl) Extended-Release (ER) Tablets. FDA's proposal includes an opportunity for Lannett to request a hearing on this matter.
"We remain confident that our Methylphenidate ER products are safe and effective," said Arthur Bedrosian, chief executive officer of Lannett. "Accordingly, we intend to review the scientific rationale for FDA's most recent position and compile the scientific evidence to convince FDA's Office of Generic Products that our product should continue to be marketed. This will preserve patient and prescriber choice, and maintain an affordable alternative drug on the market to treat attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder."
Lannett has until November 17, 2016 to request the hearing and until December 19, 2016 to submit all data, information and analyses upon which the request for a hearing relies.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Valeant Pharma (VRX) Announces Positive Results from IDP-118 Phase 3 as Psoriasis Treatment
- Dermira (DERM) Announces CIMZIA Phase 3 Met co-Primary Efficacy Endpoints in Certain Plaque Psoriasis
- Emergent BioSolutions (EBS) Signs $911M CDC Follow-On Contract for Anthrax Vaccine
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!