Lannett (LCI) Receives FDA Notice of Intention to Withdraw Methylphenidate HCl ER Tablets ANDA; Offers Commentary
- Goldman sends Dow to record high, techs lift S&P, Nasdaq
- Oil tops $55 for first time in 16 months as OPEC deal fuels buying
- Consolidated Communications (CNSL) to Acquire FairPoint Communications (FRP) in $1.5B Deal
- Wall St. stock futures fall after Italy referendum
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/05: (FRP) (GMED) (CHK) Higher; (CERC) (HDSN) (MRVL) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Lannett Company, Inc. (NYSE: LCI) received a notice from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) that it will seek to withdraw approval of the Company's Abbreviated New Drug Application (ANDA) for Methylphenidate Hydrochloride (HCl) Extended-Release (ER) Tablets. FDA's proposal includes an opportunity for Lannett to request a hearing on this matter.
"We remain confident that our Methylphenidate ER products are safe and effective," said Arthur Bedrosian, chief executive officer of Lannett. "Accordingly, we intend to review the scientific rationale for FDA's most recent position and compile the scientific evidence to convince FDA's Office of Generic Products that our product should continue to be marketed. This will preserve patient and prescriber choice, and maintain an affordable alternative drug on the market to treat attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder."
Lannett has until November 17, 2016 to request the hearing and until December 19, 2016 to submit all data, information and analyses upon which the request for a hearing relies.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Cerecor (CERC) Announces CERC-501 Phase 2 for Nicotine Withdrawal Missed Primary Endpoint
- LPL Financial (LPLA) Announces Retirement of LPL Financial LLC CEO Cassidy
- ARIAD Pharma (ARIA) Announces Presentation of Brigatinib Phase 1/2, ALTA Trial Data; ORRs of 53% and 67% Noted
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Hot Corp. News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!