Lannett (LCI) Announces Positive Results from C-Topical Phase 3
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Lannett Company, Inc. (NYSE: LCI) announced successful results from a placebo-controlled Phase III clinical study evaluating C-Topical (cocaine hydrochloride solution) 4% and 10% as a local anesthetic for diagnostic procedures or surgeries on or through the inside of the nose.
The 646-patient study met all primary clinical endpoints of the trial and had a statistically significant treatment effect for both the 4% and the 10% solutions. Toxicology and pharmacokinetic studies are ongoing and expected to be completed by year end.
"We are very pleased by the positive Phase III results for C-Topical," said Arthur Bedrosian, chief executive officer of Lannett. "Upon the successful completion of the toxicology and pharmacokinetic studies for C-Topical, our plan is to submit a new drug application (NDA) to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) during the summer of 2017. The success of C-Topical as a local anesthetic solution suggests that it could become an important option for use by otolaryngologists (ear, nose and throat) physicians and specialists for office-based and in-patient procedures."
C-Topical is administered by means of cotton applicators, called pledgets.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Lannett (LCI) Receives FDA Extension on Methylphenidate Hydrochloride ER Tabs Document Submission
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Refutes TASER's Attack on ‘292 Patent; Says Nothing New Here
- Nova Lifestyle (NVFY), Future World Lifestyle Enter Business Partnership
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!