Lannett (LCI) Announces Positive Results from C-Topical Phase 3
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Lannett Company, Inc. (NYSE: LCI) announced successful results from a placebo-controlled Phase III clinical study evaluating C-Topical (cocaine hydrochloride solution) 4% and 10% as a local anesthetic for diagnostic procedures or surgeries on or through the inside of the nose.
The 646-patient study met all primary clinical endpoints of the trial and had a statistically significant treatment effect for both the 4% and the 10% solutions. Toxicology and pharmacokinetic studies are ongoing and expected to be completed by year end.
"We are very pleased by the positive Phase III results for C-Topical," said Arthur Bedrosian, chief executive officer of Lannett. "Upon the successful completion of the toxicology and pharmacokinetic studies for C-Topical, our plan is to submit a new drug application (NDA) to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) during the summer of 2017. The success of C-Topical as a local anesthetic solution suggests that it could become an important option for use by otolaryngologists (ear, nose and throat) physicians and specialists for office-based and in-patient procedures."
C-Topical is administered by means of cotton applicators, called pledgets.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Medicinova (MNOV) Positive MN-166 Data Published in Neuropsychopharmacology
- Citron Research Negative on Lannett (LCI); Sees Shares at 'Zero' Over Long Term
- Novelion Therapeutics (NVLN) Announces Acceptance of MAA for Metreleptin
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!