Lab Corp. (LH) Announces Acquisition of Sequenom (SQNM) Clears Antitrust Review
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Laboratory Corporation of America® Holdings (NYSE: LH) today announced that the waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976, or HSR Act, applicable to the acquisition of Sequenom, Inc. (Nasdaq: SQNM) by LabCorp has expired. As previously announced, LabCorp and Savoy Acquisition Corp., its direct wholly owned subsidiary (“Purchaser”), commenced a tender offer on August 9, 2016, for all of the outstanding shares of common stock of Sequenom, including the associated preferred stock purchase rights, for $2.40 net to the seller in cash, without interest thereon and subject to applicable withholding taxes. The expiration of the waiting period under the HSR Act satisfies one of the conditions necessary for the consummation of the pending acquisition. The tender offer and any withdrawal rights are scheduled to expire at 12:01 a.m., Eastern Time, on Wednesday, September 7, 2016, unless the tender offer is extended. Consummation of the tender offer remains subject to other customary closing conditions, including satisfaction of the minimum tender condition under the agreement and plan of merger entered into by LabCorp, Purchaser and Sequenom on July 26, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Pandora (P) Advisers Said to Begin Reaching Out to Possible Suitors Following Approach from Sirius (SIRI) - Bloomberg
- MarketAxess Holdings (MKTX) Announces Monthly Performance Results for November 2016
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!