Lab Corp. (LH) Announces Acquisition of Sequenom (SQNM) Clears Antitrust Review
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall Street slips on earnings; Apple falls late after results
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- After-Hours Movers 10/25: (OGXI) (AKAM) (VRTX) Higher; (EW) (NUVA) (CMG) (AAPL) Lower (more...)
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Laboratory Corporation of America® Holdings (NYSE: LH) today announced that the waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976, or HSR Act, applicable to the acquisition of Sequenom, Inc. (Nasdaq: SQNM) by LabCorp has expired. As previously announced, LabCorp and Savoy Acquisition Corp., its direct wholly owned subsidiary (“Purchaser”), commenced a tender offer on August 9, 2016, for all of the outstanding shares of common stock of Sequenom, including the associated preferred stock purchase rights, for $2.40 net to the seller in cash, without interest thereon and subject to applicable withholding taxes. The expiration of the waiting period under the HSR Act satisfies one of the conditions necessary for the consummation of the pending acquisition. The tender offer and any withdrawal rights are scheduled to expire at 12:01 a.m., Eastern Time, on Wednesday, September 7, 2016, unless the tender offer is extended. Consummation of the tender offer remains subject to other customary closing conditions, including satisfaction of the minimum tender condition under the agreement and plan of merger entered into by LabCorp, Purchaser and Sequenom on July 26, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PRGX Global (PRGX) to Acquire SaaS P2P SIM Service Provider Lavante
- Diplomat Pharmacy (DPLO) CFO Sean Whelan to Step Down; Paul Urick Promoted to President
- Exclusive: Nevada gambling regulator probes Las Vegas Sands over front gamblers
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesEarnings, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!