KongZhong (KZ) Receives Revised, non-Binding Takeover Proposal at $7.18/ADS
- Wall St. set to open lower, weighed down by GE
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
- General Electric (GE) Tops Q3 EPS by 2c; Updates FY16 EPS Outlook
- Microsoft (MSFT) Tops Q1 EPS by 8c
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (RAI) (PFPT) (MSFT) Higher; (SGY) (TWLO) (RRGB) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
KongZhong Corporation (Nasdaq: KZ) announced that its board of directors (the "Board") has received a revised non-binding proposal letter, dated August 25, 2016, from Mr. Leilei Wang, chairman and chief executive officer of the Company, and IDG-Accel China Growth Fund II L.P., who, together with certain other parties, formed a buyer group (the "Buyer Group") to acquire all of the outstanding ordinary shares of the Company not owned by them or their affiliates (the "Transaction") for US$7.18 in cash per American depositary share ("ADS", each representing forty ordinary shares), or approximately US$0.1795 per ordinary share. A copy of the proposal letter is attached hereto as Exhibit A.
The special committee of the Board (the "Special Committee"), formed to consider the original proposal by the Buyer Group, is evaluating this revised proposal with the assistance of its financial and legal advisors. The Special Committee cautions the Company's shareholders and others considering trading in the Company's securities that no decision has been made by the Special Committee or the Board with respect to the revised proposal. There can be no assurance that any definitive offer will be made, any agreement will be executed or that this or any other transaction will be approved or consummated.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Proofpoint (PFPT) Enters Agreement to Acquire Cloud Security Provider FireLayers
- Coach (COH) Said Working with Evercore on Possible Merger with Burberry - Betaville
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Hot Corp. News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!