KongZhong (KZ) Enters 'World of Tanks' Licensing Agreement with WGN
- Wall St. opens lower amid Trump, Brexit uncertainty
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Morgan Stanley (MS) Tops Q4 EPS by 17c
- Trump, Brexit uncertainty hit stocks and dollar, gold jumps
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 01/17: (FWP) (CLSN) (GEVO) Higher; (ADHD) (CBK) (UEC) Lower (more...)
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
KongZhong Corporation (NASDAQ: KZ) announced that the Company and its affiliate, Beijing AirInbox Information Technologies Company Limited ("Kong Beijing" and, together with the Company, the "Kong Parties") have executed a letter agreement (the "Letter Agreement") Wargaming.net Limited ("WGN") on August 6, 2016.
In August 2010, Kong Beijing entered into a "World of Tanks" licensing agreement with Wargaming.Net LLP ("WGN LLP"), which granted Kong Beijing the exclusive right to copy, distribute, operate and sell the World of Tanks game in China. In May 2012, the Company entered into a strategic partnership agreement with WGN LLP, which granted the Company a right of first refusal to exclusive license to distribute and operate future WGN LLP games in China. In December 2015, WGN LLP assigned its rights and obligations under the WOT License Agreement to WGN.
The Letter Agreement provided that the Kong Parties shall waive the right of first refusal under the strategic partnership agreement and certain non-competition rights under the WOT License Agreement regarding WGN's mobile/windows 10 game titled "World of Tanks: Blitz" ("Blitz"), which has been distributed outside of China in 2014. The Kong Parties agree and acknowledge that WGN has exclusive rights to develop, advertise, distribute or sell Blitz in China with other parties. On the other hand, WGN acknowledges and agrees that the Kong Parties are free to develop, produce, release a third party shooting game titled "Iron Storm" in China.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- xG Technology (XGTI) Says It Paid Off Debt from IMT Acquisition
- Pan American Silver (PAAS) to Acquire Joaquin Project from Coeur Mining (CDE) in $25M Deal
- Allergan (AGN), Gedeon Richter Announce Positive Phase III Results for Ulipristal Acetate 5 and 10 mg to Treat Uterine Fibroids
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!