Knoll (KNL) Acquires DatesWeiser Furniture Corporation
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Knoll (NYSE: KNL) and DatesWeiser Furniture Corporation announced that Knoll, Inc. has acquired the Buffalo-based designer and manufacturer of contemporary wood conference and meeting room furniture through an acquisition of the DatesWeiser business.
The acquisition further advances the Knoll strategy of building its global capability as a constellation of go-to resources for high-design workplaces and homes, including the commercial contract, decorator to-the-trade and consumer markets.
Andrew Cogan, Knoll President and CEO, stated, "DatesWeiser plays an integral role in the design of inspiring high performance workplaces. Its sophisticated meeting and conference tables and credenzas set a standard for design, quality and technology integration. We look forward to adding the DatesWeiser products to the Knoll arsenal of 'ancillary' offerings."
Commenting on the transaction, Allan Weiser, DatesWeiser, co-founder said, "The team at Knoll has a very astute understanding of our brand and a commitment to our level of product and client engagement. Knoll is the ideal partner to accelerate our growth and build on our reputation for leading edge timeless design, craftsmanship, and exceptional service. Knoll's legendary heritage in workplace design, and the relationships that I have enjoyed with their management team over the years, make this a seamless cultural fit. I very much look forward to the years ahead."
Founded in 1982, DatesWeiser, among the most respected contract furniture industry brands, has a flagship New York City showroom. Allan Weiser will serve as president of DatesWeiser; he will continue to lead his experienced sales and operations teams.
Mr. Cogan added, "As with our other Specialty businesses, we are committed to the operational independence of DatesWeiser and its unique brand and cultural identity. All of us at Knoll look forward to working with Allan and his team in the years ahead."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Perma-Fix (PESI) Names S. Robert Cochran to Board of Directors
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- Air Products (APD) Sends Letter Outlining Terms of Preliminary, Non-binding Indication of Interest to Acquire Yingde
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!