Kitov Pharma (KTOV) Receives U.S. Patent Related to KIT-302
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/2: (ASNA) (HTBX) (REPH) Higher; (PLX) (MEMP) (DRYS) Lower
- Bond yields fall on U.S. jobs data, euro flat before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Kitov Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: KTOV) announced that the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) issued patent # 9,408,837 covering Kitov's lead drug candidate KIT-302 which the Company expects to submit for a New Drug Application to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration by the end of 2016.
The patent, entitled "Ameliorating Drug-Induced Elevations In Blood Pressure By Adjunctive Use Of Antihypertensive Drugs," was issued on August 9, 2016 and will have a term that can extend to May 22, 2029. Kitov Pharmaceuticals is pursuing additional claims to inventions described in the U.S. Patent #9,408,837.
KIT-302 simultaneously treats pain caused by osteoarthritis and treats hypertension, which is a common side effect of certain stand-alone drugs that treat osteoarthritis pain. KIT-302 is comprised of two U.S. FDA approved drugs, celecoxib (the active ingredient in Pfizer's Celebrex®), for the treatment of pain caused by osteoarthritis and amlodipine besylate, a drug designed to treat hypertension.
"We are pleased with this newly granted patent for claims in connection with our KIT-302, representing a significant achievement for Kitov's combination drug developments," said J. Paul Waymack, MD the Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Medical Officer of Kitov. "We are committed to further developing the patent holdings over our proprietary assets in order to maximize value to our shareholders."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- SoTHERLY Hotels (SOHO) Approves $10M Stock Buyback Plan
- Skyline Medical (SKLN) Appoints New CEO, Board Member
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments, Momentum Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!