Kitov Pharma (KTOV) Receives U.S. Patent Related to KIT-302
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Kitov Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: KTOV) announced that the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) issued patent # 9,408,837 covering Kitov's lead drug candidate KIT-302 which the Company expects to submit for a New Drug Application to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration by the end of 2016.
The patent, entitled "Ameliorating Drug-Induced Elevations In Blood Pressure By Adjunctive Use Of Antihypertensive Drugs," was issued on August 9, 2016 and will have a term that can extend to May 22, 2029. Kitov Pharmaceuticals is pursuing additional claims to inventions described in the U.S. Patent #9,408,837.
KIT-302 simultaneously treats pain caused by osteoarthritis and treats hypertension, which is a common side effect of certain stand-alone drugs that treat osteoarthritis pain. KIT-302 is comprised of two U.S. FDA approved drugs, celecoxib (the active ingredient in Pfizer's Celebrex®), for the treatment of pain caused by osteoarthritis and amlodipine besylate, a drug designed to treat hypertension.
"We are pleased with this newly granted patent for claims in connection with our KIT-302, representing a significant achievement for Kitov's combination drug developments," said J. Paul Waymack, MD the Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Medical Officer of Kitov. "We are committed to further developing the patent holdings over our proprietary assets in order to maximize value to our shareholders."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Norwood Financial Corp (NWFL) Names William Davis, Jr. as Chairman of the Board
- NGL Energy Partners (NGL) Names Jared Parker to Board of Directors
- Kellogg (K) Appoints Fareed Khan as CFO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments, Momentum Movers
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!