Keysight Technologies (KEYS) Announces Volume Launch of Solution for Testing 802.11ad Devices
- Wall Street again marks new highs in post-election run
- Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) Tops Q4 EPS by 11c
- Restoration Hardware (RH) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Guides Well Below the Street
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- After-Hours Stock Movers 12/08: (FNSR) (AVGO) (GLPG) Higher; (XTLY) (RH) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Keysight Technologies, Inc. (NYSE: KEYS) today announced the volume launch of their solution for testing 802.11ad devices. The flexible and compact E7760A wideband transceiver is an integrated test solution that supports the IEEE 802.11ad wireless standard. The solution was introduced at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona earlier this year.
"Our customers are looking for millimeter wave over-the-air solutions with good performance to bring 60 GHz applications to market," said Kailash Narayanan, vice president and general manager of Keysight's Wireless Devices segment. "The E7760A and M1650A package is a compact solution that addresses the comprehensive set of 802.11ad standard requirements and delivers the required performance metrics. With chipset control, this solution is ideally suited for design validation and manufacturing of 60 GHz chipsets, modules and devices."
The E7760A test solution includes:
- Embedded software that runs all required 802.11ad tests, allowing users to quickly create and analyze signals on a single screen
- A vector signal generator and vector signal analyzer to validate device IF performance
- Connectivity to remote M1650A mmWave transceivers with an RF cable for over-the-air testing
- Fully calibrated test capability near the device without the need for external calibration equipment
- The ability to connect up to six M1650A's to one E7760A to validate beam forming capability or maximize throughput by testing multiple devices in a single setup
Keysight partnered with leading 802.11ad chipset designers to create chipset control software. These test automation tools shorten the design validation phase and increase early manufacturing throughput.
"Over-the-air test is critical to bring millimeter wave technologies to market," said Satish Dhanasekaran, vice president and general manager of Keysight's Wireless Chipsets, Devices and Operators Group. "Measurements are no longer made with a cable connected to an RF connector. We are excited to launch this solution to help the industry deploy 60 GHz technology. The flexibility of the E7760A and M1650A solution in making OTA RF and IF measurements in an integrated form factor Keysight Technologies (NYSE: KEYS)
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- BlackBerry (BBRY) Launches Security-Focused Enterprise of Things Platform
- Frost & Sullivan Commends Keysight's Growth in Calibration and Repair Services from its new Customer-centric Solutions
- U.S. Steel (X) Issues Clarification on Comments Made by CEO Longhi; Says Worker Recall Refers to Entire Industry
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!