Kennedy-Wilson (KW) Announces $81M Acquisition of Ventura County Multifamily Community
- Wall Street declines as some post-election gainers reverse
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shows clemency to Manning, intelligence analyst behind leaks
- Big 5 Sporting Goods (BGFV) Q4 Comps Rise 3.1%; Guides Q4 Above the Street
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Kennedy Wilson (NYSE: KW) announced that the company acquired a 100% interest in a 386-unit multifamily community in coastal Camarillo, California for $81 million. The property sits adjacent to California State University Channel Islands. The company invested $18 million of equity (inclusive of closing costs) and secured a 7-year loan of $65 million through Freddie Mac at a rate of LIBOR + 2.48% to acquire this wholly-owned property.
“We are excited to acquire this high quality asset in close proximity to CSU Channel Islands (“CI”),” said Nicholas Bridges, Managing Director of Kennedy Wilson Multifamily Investments. “We believe our proven institutional asset management program will be very beneficial to CI, its students, faculty and staff, and the residents of the University Glen community.”
University Glen is a class-A apartment community located in Camarillo, CA. The property was built in phases between 2002 and 2006, and consists of 386 apartments and approximately 30,000 sq. ft. of retail. Given its immediate proximity and association with CI, University Glen enjoys a resident population of CI faculty, staff, and affiliates in addition to local area residents. Kennedy Wilson intends to implement a value-add strategy, which will include the renovation of unit interiors, improving existing tenant amenities and the creation of a new community center, leasing office, clubhouse, and a fitness center.
Kennedy Wilson’s global apartment portfolio includes 132 communities with approximately 25,000 units, including eight communities and 2,811 units in Southern California.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bats Global Market (BATS) Stockholders Approve Merger Agreement with CBOE (CBOE)
- TopBuild (BLD) Announces Acquisition of Midwest Fireproofing
- Deutsche Bank CEO apologizes for conduct in toxic mortgages case
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!