Kemper (KMPR) CFO McKinney to Retire
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
- JPMorgan (JPM) Reports Q4 EPS of $1.71
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Kemper Corporation (NYSE: KMPR) announced that James “Jim” J. McKinney will join the company in November as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. McKinney will report directly to Joseph P. Lacher, Jr., Kemper’s President and Chief Executive Officer. McKinney replaces Frank J. Sodaro, who will serve as a senior advisor to the company through the end of 2016. During the transition period, Richard Roeske, Kemper’s Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer, will serve as interim Chief Financial Officer.
In his most recent role, McKinney served as Chief Financial Officer for the Banc of California. Prior to joining Banc of California, McKinney was Principal Accounting Officer and Global Corporate Controller for International Lease Finance Corporation (IFLC), a division of AIG. In addition, McKinney worked for RBS Citizens Asset Finance, where he held several senior finance and analytical roles. In his early career, he worked for KPMG, ServiceGas and the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
“Jim brings extensive finance vision, leadership, analytics and expertise to this role. With the business improvements we are driving, he will help ensure we deliver on our objectives. In addition, we are excited to help him return to his hometown of Chicago,” said Lacher. “I would also like to thank Frank for his many contributions at Kemper as CFO and in his earlier roles with the company. I wish him all the best in his next steps in his career journey.”
McKinney earned his Bachelor’s degree in Economics and Computer Science from DePauw University. He earned his Master’s degree in Accounting Science from Northern Illinois University.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Norwood Financial Corp (NWFL) Names William Davis, Jr. as Chairman of the Board
- Fiat Chrysler Automobiles (FCAU) Said to Face U.S. Criminal Diesel Emissions Probe - Bloomberg
- Pandora (P) Sees Beating Q4 Guidance, to Reduce Employee Base
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!