Kemper (KMPR) CFO McKinney to Retire
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Kemper Corporation (NYSE: KMPR) announced that James “Jim” J. McKinney will join the company in November as Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. McKinney will report directly to Joseph P. Lacher, Jr., Kemper’s President and Chief Executive Officer. McKinney replaces Frank J. Sodaro, who will serve as a senior advisor to the company through the end of 2016. During the transition period, Richard Roeske, Kemper’s Vice President and Chief Accounting Officer, will serve as interim Chief Financial Officer.
In his most recent role, McKinney served as Chief Financial Officer for the Banc of California. Prior to joining Banc of California, McKinney was Principal Accounting Officer and Global Corporate Controller for International Lease Finance Corporation (IFLC), a division of AIG. In addition, McKinney worked for RBS Citizens Asset Finance, where he held several senior finance and analytical roles. In his early career, he worked for KPMG, ServiceGas and the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
“Jim brings extensive finance vision, leadership, analytics and expertise to this role. With the business improvements we are driving, he will help ensure we deliver on our objectives. In addition, we are excited to help him return to his hometown of Chicago,” said Lacher. “I would also like to thank Frank for his many contributions at Kemper as CFO and in his earlier roles with the company. I wish him all the best in his next steps in his career journey.”
McKinney earned his Bachelor’s degree in Economics and Computer Science from DePauw University. He earned his Master’s degree in Accounting Science from Northern Illinois University.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- B&G Foods (BGS) Acquires Victoria Fine Foods for $70M
- Digital Ally (DGLY) Announces Notable DVM-250 Recorder, FleetVu Services Order
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!