KKR (KKR), Venado Enter Eagle Ford Shale-Focused Partnership
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
KKR and Venado Oil and Gas, LLC announced a partnership to consolidate proven assets in the Eagle Ford Shale of South Texas. The partnership is principally funded by KKR’s Energy Income and Growth Fund I (“EIGF”).
Venado is led by CEO Scott Garrick and a core team of individuals who have operated in the Eagle Ford since the play’s inception. Venado intends to apply its expertise to acquire and enhance Eagle Ford assets through a focus on operational efficiency, technical innovation and strong community relations.
David Rockecharlie, Member and Head of Energy Real Assets (“ERA”) for KKR, stated, "We have known Scott for many years and believe he and his team have the experience and differentiated business approach necessary to acquire attractive Eagle Ford assets and enhance long-term value through superior technical and operational execution. KKR has a long history investing in the Eagle Ford, and we look forward to expanding our existing Eagle Ford asset position in partnership with Venado.”
Scott Garrick, CEO of Venado, added, "We are excited to partner with KKR in the Eagle Ford, where we both see the opportunity to build a large scale, long-term business. Both Venado’s management and KKR have been active in the Eagle Ford since the early phase of development, and we share the same vision of the next phase of its evolution. This provides an ideal foundation for a strong partnership.”
Venado’s business plan is a natural fit within KKR ERA’s asset-based investment strategy that provides flexible capital solutions to upstream operators. KKR has made more than ten investments in the Eagle Ford to date. KKR ERA manages a portfolio of oil and gas assets in numerous unconventional and conventional resource areas across the United States, including developments in the Eagle Ford, Bakken, Barnett, DJ, Haynesville, Marcellus, Permian and Utica.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- Bioptix (BIOP) to Terminate Some Employees Associated with Acquisition of its Subsidiary
- FTC not sold on Walgreens' plan to win nod for Rite Aid deal: Bloomberg
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions, Private Equity
Related EntitiesTwitter, Bakken Formation, Hedge Funds, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!