KCG Holdings (KCG), General Atlantic Report Share Exchange
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- S&P 500 ends up slightly with boost from financials; Netflix up late
- Nestle Said Examining Takeover of Mead Johnson (MJN) - Source
- La Quinta Holdings (LQ) Gains on Plan to Split in Two
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/18: (OCLR) (CSX) (NFLX) Higher; (AMDA) (RCII) (ZYNE) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
KCG Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: KCG) today announced that it has entered into a strategic transaction with General Atlantic, a global growth equity firm. Under the terms of the transaction, KCG will exchange 8.9 million shares it owns of Bats Global Markets, Inc. (Bats: BATS) for all of General Atlantic's 18.7 million shares and 8.1 million warrants of KCG. In 2007, General Atlantic invested in GETCO, a predecessor to KCG. The transaction is expected to close by the end of November, with a portion of the warrants to be settled in early January 2017.
As a result of this transaction, KCG's total outstanding share count will be reduced by 18.7 million shares from total outstanding shares (including restricted stock units) of 86.2 million as of September 30, 2016, and its outstanding warrants will be reduced to 5.1 million from 13.2 million. Accordingly KCG's tangible book value is estimated to increase from the September 30, 2016 value of $15.54 by approximately $3.25 per share as a result of its sales in Bats including the share exchange.
Daniel Coleman, Chief Executive Officer of KCG, said, "We are pleased to have achieved such a positive outcome for both KCG and General Atlantic, our long-time partner. We believe the accretive nature of this transaction further strengthens our efforts to create significant value for our shareholders today and for years to come."
KCG was advised on the transaction by Jefferies LLC and Sullivan & Cromwell LLP.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Zynerba Pharma (ZYNE) Plans Offering of Common Stock
- Jefferies Upgrades Continental Resources (CLR) to Buy
- Summit Hotel Properties (INN) Appoints Daniel Hansen as Chairman of the Board
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesJefferies & Co, General Atlantic, Earnings
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!