KBR (KBR) to Acquire Honeywell's (HON) HTSI Unit in $300M Deal
- Health, energy stocks hit Wall Street, Microsoft lifts Nasdaq
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 10/21: (ALKS) (CXRX) (CERC) Higher; (SGY) (MBRX) (STS) Lower
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Get inside Wall Street with StreetInsider Premium. Claim your 2-week free trial here.
Honeywell (NYSE: HON) announced that it has reached a definitive agreement to sell Honeywell Technology Solutions Inc. (HTSI), a leading global provider of professional space, security, logistics and manpower services in the Government Services market, to KBR Inc. (NYSE: KBR) for approximately $300 million. The transaction, which is subject to customary closing conditions and required regulatory approvals, is expected to close in 2016.
HTSI is a wholly owned subsidiary of Honeywell Aerospace, with approximately 3,550 employees operating throughout 39 states and in 14 countries around the world. The company's customers primarily consist of U.S. government agencies, including the Department of Defense and its Navy, Air Force, Army and Marine Corps branches. Annual estimated revenues for HTSI are approximately $600 million. KBR is a U.S.-based global technology, engineering, procurement and construction company that primarily serves the government services and other industries.
"Honeywell continues to evaluate its portfolio while focusing on driving breakthrough growth through advanced software capabilities and technology differentiation," said Honeywell Chairman and CEO Dave Cote. "As part of this process, we determined that HTSI did not align to our current portfolio and long-term strategic plans in Aerospace. HTSI is a good business with a long heritage in the government services industry, and is well positioned to continue this success as part of KBR."
There is no impact to Honeywell's financial guidance.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Carlyle's (CG) LDiscovery to Acquire Kroll Ontrack in $410M Deal
- UPDATE: Honeywell (HON) Reports In-Line Q3 EPS; Issues Q4 EPS outlook
- Four Corners Property Trust (FCPT) Acquires Dairy Queen Restaurant
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Spinoffs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!