KBR (KBR) to Acquire Honeywell's (HON) HTSI Unit in $300M Deal
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- U.S. stocks pare gains after Trump's inaugural speech
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Herbalife (HLF) Says SEC Requested Documents on Anti-Corruption Compliance in China; Reviewed with DoJ
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Honeywell (NYSE: HON) announced that it has reached a definitive agreement to sell Honeywell Technology Solutions Inc. (HTSI), a leading global provider of professional space, security, logistics and manpower services in the Government Services market, to KBR Inc. (NYSE: KBR) for approximately $300 million. The transaction, which is subject to customary closing conditions and required regulatory approvals, is expected to close in 2016.
HTSI is a wholly owned subsidiary of Honeywell Aerospace, with approximately 3,550 employees operating throughout 39 states and in 14 countries around the world. The company's customers primarily consist of U.S. government agencies, including the Department of Defense and its Navy, Air Force, Army and Marine Corps branches. Annual estimated revenues for HTSI are approximately $600 million. KBR is a U.S.-based global technology, engineering, procurement and construction company that primarily serves the government services and other industries.
"Honeywell continues to evaluate its portfolio while focusing on driving breakthrough growth through advanced software capabilities and technology differentiation," said Honeywell Chairman and CEO Dave Cote. "As part of this process, we determined that HTSI did not align to our current portfolio and long-term strategic plans in Aerospace. HTSI is a good business with a long heritage in the government services industry, and is well positioned to continue this success as part of KBR."
There is no impact to Honeywell's financial guidance.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Tucows (TCX) to Acquire eNom from Rightside (NAME) for $83.5M
- Ethicon Announces Acquisition of Megadyne Medical Products (JNJ)
- Exclusive: Aon nears $4.5 billion sale of benefits outsourcing unit - sources
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Spinoffs
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!