Juniper Networks (JNPR) to Acquire AppFormix
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Today, Juniper Networks (NYSE: JNPR), an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, announced the company's intent to acquire AppFormix, an innovator in cloud operations management. AppFormix's platform for cloud operations is built on big-data analytics and machine learning, putting self-driving infrastructure at the core of every cloud. This acquisition will bring the power of analytics through machine learning and telemetry to Juniper's customers.
Applying machine learning technology, AppFormix is redefining telemetry and operations management across software-defined infrastructures and application software layers. AppFormix's technology is designed to provide public, private and telco cloud operators in both OpenStack and Kubernetes environments, real-time and historic monitoring, visibility, and dynamic performance optimization. When paired with Juniper's Contrail product line, AppFormix improves cloud orchestration, security, accounting and planning. We believe that Juniper customers will benefit from a smarter, automatic and agile operational experience at lower total costs.
"The networking industry is accelerating at an unprecedented rate, and new technologies like analytics and machine learning are enabling companies to have more insight into their network than ever before," said Pradeep Sindhu, founder, vice president and CTO at Juniper Networks. "We recognize our customers' needs and desires for a self-driving infrastructure; one that is optimized, secure and automated. With the acquisition of AppFormix, we're accelerating our vision to use software automation and intelligence to deliver a smarter network and more simplified operations for our customers around the world."
The AppFormix team will report to Juniper's office of the CTO. The acquisition is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2016, subject to customary closing conditions.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Rite Aid (RAD)/Walgreens (WBA) Antitrust Concerns Doesn't Mean Deal is Dead, Says Deutsche Bank
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Names Todd Bluedorn to Board of Directors
- PPG Industries (PPG) Acquires Assets of Futian; Terms Not Disclosed
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesTwitter, Definitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!