Joy Global (JOY), Komatsu Proposed Merger Receives Early HSR Act Termination
- Noble Energy (NBL) to Acquire Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI) for $2.7B in Cash and Stock
- Nasdaq hits record; bank earnings validate Wall St. rally
- Intrawest Resorts (SNOW) Exploring a Possible Sale - Reuters
- Alibaba (BABA) Has No Plans to Acquire Rest of Groupon (GRPN) - Source
- Time (TIME) Said to Soon Begin Discussions with Interested Buyers - Bloomberg
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
Joy Global (NYSE: JOY) disclosed the following in a U.S. SEC filing on Thursday:
Item 8.01 Other Events
As previously announced, on July 21, 2016, Joy Global Inc. (“Joy Global”) entered into an Agreement and Plan of Merger (the “Merger Agreement”) with Komatsu America Corp. (“Komatsu”), Pine Solutions Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu (“Merger Sub”) and (solely for the purposes specified in the Merger Agreement) Komatsu Ltd., pursuant to which Merger Sub will be merged with and into Joy Global, with Joy Global surviving the merger as a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu (the “Merger”). The consummation of the Merger is conditioned upon, among other things, the expiration or termination of any waiting period applicable to the Merger under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976 (the “HSR Act”). On October 12, 2016, the transaction received early termination of the waiting period under the HSR Act.
The consummation of the Merger remains subject to approval by Joy Global’s stockholders and the satisfaction or waiver of customary closing conditions set forth in the Merger Agreement and described in Joy Global’s definitive proxy statement that was filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”) on September 2, 2016, as amended and supplemented on September 29, 2016 and October 3, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Sees Q4 Revenue of $1.04B, Comps Down 4.8%
- Naked Brand Group, Inc. (NAKD) Enters $2M Common Stock Securities Purchase Agreement
- Glu Mobile (GLUU) to Eliminate 107 Positions as Part of Restructuring, Discontinue Ops in Bellevue
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!