Joy Global (JOY), Komatsu Proposed Merger Receives Early HSR Act Termination
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Joy Global (NYSE: JOY) disclosed the following in a U.S. SEC filing on Thursday:
Item 8.01 Other Events
As previously announced, on July 21, 2016, Joy Global Inc. (“Joy Global”) entered into an Agreement and Plan of Merger (the “Merger Agreement”) with Komatsu America Corp. (“Komatsu”), Pine Solutions Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu (“Merger Sub”) and (solely for the purposes specified in the Merger Agreement) Komatsu Ltd., pursuant to which Merger Sub will be merged with and into Joy Global, with Joy Global surviving the merger as a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu (the “Merger”). The consummation of the Merger is conditioned upon, among other things, the expiration or termination of any waiting period applicable to the Merger under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act of 1976 (the “HSR Act”). On October 12, 2016, the transaction received early termination of the waiting period under the HSR Act.
The consummation of the Merger remains subject to approval by Joy Global’s stockholders and the satisfaction or waiver of customary closing conditions set forth in the Merger Agreement and described in Joy Global’s definitive proxy statement that was filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”) on September 2, 2016, as amended and supplemented on September 29, 2016 and October 3, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Caterpillar (CAT) Offers FY17 Guidance Update at Credit Suisse Conference
- FMSA Holdings Inc. (FMSA) Files Mixed, Common Stock Shelf
- UPDATE: Global Eagle Entertainment (ENT) to Obtain New Credit Facilities; Company in Discussions to Acquire Related Business, Satellite Transponders
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Mergers and Acquisitions
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!