Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Receives Adverse Ruling in REMICADE Patent Litigation
- Wall St. slips as countdown to Trump's swearing-in begins
- Netflix, Inc. (NFLX) Tops Q4 EPS by 1c; Subs Beat Views
- Apple (AAPL) PT Raised to $140 at BofA/Merrill Lynch; iPhone 8 Will be 'Super-Long' Cycle
- Morgan Stanley Upgrades Tesla Motors (TSLA) to Overweight
- CP's (CP) Outgoing CEO Hunter Harrison, Activist Paul Hilal Said Set to Target CSX Corp. (CSX)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Johnson & Johnson (NYSE: JNJ) announced that the District of Massachusetts Federal Court has issued a ruling on a summary judgment motion filed by Celltrion Healthcare Co. Ltd. and Celltrion Inc. (together, Celltrion) and Hospira Healthcare Corporation (Hospira) in the infringement lawsuits related to REMICADE® (infliximab) filed by the company's subsidiary, Janssen Biotech, Inc. (Janssen).
The court issued a ruling in favor of Celltrion and Hospira, holding that U.S. Patent No. 6,284,471 for REMICADE® ('471 patent) is invalid. Janssen is disappointed with the court's ruling and plans to appeal the decision to the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit. Janssen is also continuing the appeal process in the proceedings related to the '471 patent before the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office, and is awaiting a date to be set for an oral hearing in the appeal.
Janssen will continue to defend its intellectual property rights relating to its innovative medicines. A commercial launch of an infliximab biosimilar prior to the outcome of the appeals would be considered an at-risk launch.
The company reaffirms its sales guidance for operational sales growth for the full-year 2016 of 3-4%, notwithstanding the possibility of a biosimilar launch on or after October 3, 2016.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Sallie Mae (SLM) Issues Statement on CFPB Complaint
- Raytheon (RTN) Elects James Winnefeld Jr. to Board of Directors
- Western Union (WU) Admits Anti-Money Laundering and Consumer Fraud Violations, Forfeits $586M in Settlement
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Litigation, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!