John McAfee Officially Appointed as MGT Capital (MGTI) CEO
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
MGT Capital Investments, Inc. (OTC: MGTI) announced that John McAfee, the Company's Executive Chairman, has officially been appointed Chief Executive Officer, effective immediately.
"The advancements in personal and enterprise technologies have exposed us to a greater number of cybersecurity threats than ever before. Despite the overwhelming concerns about today's advanced threats, high profile breaches around the world, including those during the U.S. presidential election, have put a spotlight on the ineffectiveness and outdated approach of the antivirus software currently available from what is considered the 'leading' cybersecurity companies. My vision for the future of the cybersecurity industry is placed firmly in developing new technologies through MGT that apply the skill and knowledge of white hat hackers to protect society from these modern threats," commented McAfee.
In the six months since Mr. McAfee began helping MGT move to the forefront of the cybersecurity market, the Company has made several key acquisitions of exciting new technologies, and has created one of the largest bitcoin mining operations in the U.S. Last month, MGT announced the launch of its first product, Sentinel, with plans to ship the product to the initial customers in the next few weeks. The stockholder-approved acquisitions of D–Vasive and Demonsaw remain pending, and the Company expects to reach a revised deal structure to benefit existing shareholders by the end of the year.
"My commitment today will dispel the half-truths in the market that MGT just wants to use my name. The momentum of MGT is building and we are excited to ramp up its activity over the coming months. Make no mistake, I am determined to once again personally disrupt the status quo in cybersecurity, and MGT has the resources and people to make it happen," concluded Mr. McAfee.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Shire's (SHPG) Phase 3 Investigational Study of VONVENDI Meets Primary Endpoint in Controlling Bleeding in Adults with VWD
- Skyline Medical (SKLN) Appoints New CEO, Board Member
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Changes, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!