JetBlue Airways (JBLU) Sept. Traffic Increases 10.8%, Capacity Up 7.9%
- AT&T (T) to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) for $107.50/Share
- Rockwell Collins (COL) in Advanced Talks to Acquire B/E Aerospace (BEAV) - WSJ
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
Get the Pulse of the Market with StreetInsider.com's Pulse Picks. Get your Free Trial here.
JetBlue Airways Corporation (NASDAQ: JBLU) reported its preliminary traffic results for September 2016. Traffic in September increased 10.8 percent from September 2015, on a capacity increase of 7.9 percent.
Load factor for September 2016 was 83.2 percent, an increase of 2.1 points from September 2015. JetBlue’s preliminary completion factor was 99.5 percent and its on-time (1) performance was 78.7 percent. JetBlue’s preliminary revenue per available seat mile (RASM) for the month of September decreased approximately two percent year over year. For the third quarter of 2016, RASM is expected to decrease between three and four percent year over year, in line with prior expectations.
JETBLUE AIRWAYS TRAFFIC RESULTS
|September 2016||September 2015||% Change|
|Revenue passenger miles (000)||3,432,671||3,097,703||10.8%|
|Available seat miles (000)||4,125,193||3,821,911||7.9%|
|Load factor||83.2%||81.1%||2.1 pts.|
|Average stage length (miles)||1,063||1,068||-0.5%|
|Y-T-D 2016||Y-T-D 2015||% Change|
|Revenue passenger miles (000)||34,434,123||31,156,543||10.5%|
|Available seat miles (000)||40,421,330||36,632,481||10.3%|
|Load factor||85.2%||85.1%||0.1 pts.|
|Average stage length (miles)||1,099||1,092||0.6%|
The U.S. Department of Transportation considers on-time arrivals to be those domestic flights arriving within 14 minutes of schedule.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Nearing the Launch of Havana as Its 100th City, JetBlue Prepares to Bring Its Customer-Focused Approach to Air Travel Into Cuba’s Capital
- Midstates Petroleum (MPO) Completes Ch. 11 Bankruptcy; Will Trade Under 'MPO'
- Sensient Technologies (SXT) Misses Q3 EPS by 3c; Updates FY16 Outlook
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!