JetBlue Airways (JBLU) Sept. Traffic Increases 10.8%, Capacity Up 7.9%
- Wall Street falls with financials, other post-election gainers
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- United Airlines (UAL) Tops Q4 EPS by 5c
- Obama shortens sentence of Manning, who gave cables to WikiLeaks
- After-Hours Stock Movers 01/17: (SHLO) Higher; (GIMO) (AFAM) (CSX) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
JetBlue Airways Corporation (NASDAQ: JBLU) reported its preliminary traffic results for September 2016. Traffic in September increased 10.8 percent from September 2015, on a capacity increase of 7.9 percent.
Load factor for September 2016 was 83.2 percent, an increase of 2.1 points from September 2015. JetBlue’s preliminary completion factor was 99.5 percent and its on-time (1) performance was 78.7 percent. JetBlue’s preliminary revenue per available seat mile (RASM) for the month of September decreased approximately two percent year over year. For the third quarter of 2016, RASM is expected to decrease between three and four percent year over year, in line with prior expectations.
JETBLUE AIRWAYS TRAFFIC RESULTS
|September 2016||September 2015||% Change|
|Revenue passenger miles (000)||3,432,671||3,097,703||10.8%|
|Available seat miles (000)||4,125,193||3,821,911||7.9%|
|Load factor||83.2%||81.1%||2.1 pts.|
|Average stage length (miles)||1,063||1,068||-0.5%|
|Y-T-D 2016||Y-T-D 2015||% Change|
|Revenue passenger miles (000)||34,434,123||31,156,543||10.5%|
|Available seat miles (000)||40,421,330||36,632,481||10.3%|
|Load factor||85.2%||85.1%||0.1 pts.|
|Average stage length (miles)||1,099||1,092||0.6%|
The U.S. Department of Transportation considers on-time arrivals to be those domestic flights arriving within 14 minutes of schedule.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Big 5 Sporting Goods (BGFV) Q4 Comps Rise 3.1%; Guides Q4 Above the Street
- Forward Pharma (FWP) Confirms Settlement and License Agreement with Biogen (BIIB)
- McKesson to pay record $150 million settlement over suspicious drug orders - U.S.
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!