JetBlue Airways (JBLU) Sept. Traffic Increases 10.8%, Capacity Up 7.9%
- Indexes hit record highs as Trump rally continues
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers 12/8: (COOL) (TLRD) (DRAM) Higher; (SHIP) (OHRP) (MLSS) Lower
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 on renewed hopes for output cuts
Get instant alerts when news breaks on your stocks. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
JetBlue Airways Corporation (NASDAQ: JBLU) reported its preliminary traffic results for September 2016. Traffic in September increased 10.8 percent from September 2015, on a capacity increase of 7.9 percent.
Load factor for September 2016 was 83.2 percent, an increase of 2.1 points from September 2015. JetBlue’s preliminary completion factor was 99.5 percent and its on-time (1) performance was 78.7 percent. JetBlue’s preliminary revenue per available seat mile (RASM) for the month of September decreased approximately two percent year over year. For the third quarter of 2016, RASM is expected to decrease between three and four percent year over year, in line with prior expectations.
JETBLUE AIRWAYS TRAFFIC RESULTS
|September 2016||September 2015||% Change|
|Revenue passenger miles (000)||3,432,671||3,097,703||10.8%|
|Available seat miles (000)||4,125,193||3,821,911||7.9%|
|Load factor||83.2%||81.1%||2.1 pts.|
|Average stage length (miles)||1,063||1,068||-0.5%|
|Y-T-D 2016||Y-T-D 2015||% Change|
|Revenue passenger miles (000)||34,434,123||31,156,543||10.5%|
|Available seat miles (000)||40,421,330||36,632,481||10.3%|
|Load factor||85.2%||85.1%||0.1 pts.|
|Average stage length (miles)||1,099||1,092||0.6%|
The U.S. Department of Transportation considers on-time arrivals to be those domestic flights arriving within 14 minutes of schedule.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- TETRA Technologies (TTI) Offers Q4 Update; Says Considering Capital Raise Options
- Tailored Brands (TLRD) Tops Q3 EPS by 13c
- Toro Company (TTC) Tops Q4 EPS by 6c
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Guidance
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!