JetBlue Airways (JBLU) Load Factor Rose 0.4 Points in August 2016
- Donald Trump Sworn in as 45th U.S. President
- Wall Street ends higher as Trump becomes president
- Walgreens Boots Alliance (WBA) Said to Face Antitrust Concern for Rite Aid (RAD) Fix - Bloomberg
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY) Says It Won't Pursue Accelerated U.S. Regulatory Pathway for Opdivo Plus Yervoy in Lung Cancer
- Apple (AAPL) Sues Qualcomm (QCOM) Over Patent Royalties in Antitrust Case - Bloomberg
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
JetBlue Airways Corporation (Nasdaq: JBLU) reported its preliminary traffic results for August 2016. Traffic in August increased 6.2 percent from August 2015, on a capacity increase of 5.7 percent.
Load factor for August 2016 was 87.4 percent, an increase of 0.4 points from August 2015. JetBlue’s preliminary completion factor was 98.7 percent and its on-time (1) performance was 73.0 percent. JetBlue’s preliminary revenue per available seat mile (RASM) for the month of August decreased approximately five and a half percent year over year. For the third quarter of 2016, RASM is expected to decrease between three and four percent year over year.
JETBLUE AIRWAYS TRAFFIC RESULTS
|August 2016||August 2015||% Change|
|Revenue passenger miles (000)||4,211,755||3,966,602||6.2%|
|Available seat miles (000)||4,820,083||4,558,901||5.7%|
|Load factor||87.4%||87.0%||0.4 pts.|
|Average stage length (miles)||1,097||1,104||-0.6%|
|Y-T-D 2016||Y-T-D 2015||% Change|
|Revenue passenger miles (000)||31,001,452||28,058,840||10.5%|
|Available seat miles (000)||36,296,137||32,810,570||10.6%|
|Load factor||85.4%||85.5%||-0.1 pts.|
|Average stage length (miles)||1,103||1,095||0.7%|
(1) The U.S. Department of Transportation considers on-time arrivals to be those domestic flights arriving within 14 minutes of schedule.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMY), Ono Enter Settlement and License Agreement with Merck (MRK) to Resolve PD-1 Antibody Patent Litigation
- Seagate Technology (STX) Appoints Mark Adams to Board of Directors
- Air Products (APD) Sends Letter Outlining Terms of Preliminary, Non-binding Indication of Interest to Acquire Yingde
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!