JetBlue Airways (JBLU) Load Factor Rose 0.4 Points in August 2016
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
JetBlue Airways Corporation (Nasdaq: JBLU) reported its preliminary traffic results for August 2016. Traffic in August increased 6.2 percent from August 2015, on a capacity increase of 5.7 percent.
Load factor for August 2016 was 87.4 percent, an increase of 0.4 points from August 2015. JetBlue’s preliminary completion factor was 98.7 percent and its on-time (1) performance was 73.0 percent. JetBlue’s preliminary revenue per available seat mile (RASM) for the month of August decreased approximately five and a half percent year over year. For the third quarter of 2016, RASM is expected to decrease between three and four percent year over year.
JETBLUE AIRWAYS TRAFFIC RESULTS
|August 2016||August 2015||% Change|
|Revenue passenger miles (000)||4,211,755||3,966,602||6.2%|
|Available seat miles (000)||4,820,083||4,558,901||5.7%|
|Load factor||87.4%||87.0%||0.4 pts.|
|Average stage length (miles)||1,097||1,104||-0.6%|
|Y-T-D 2016||Y-T-D 2015||% Change|
|Revenue passenger miles (000)||31,001,452||28,058,840||10.5%|
|Available seat miles (000)||36,296,137||32,810,570||10.6%|
|Load factor||85.4%||85.5%||-0.1 pts.|
|Average stage length (miles)||1,103||1,095||0.7%|
(1) The U.S. Department of Transportation considers on-time arrivals to be those domestic flights arriving within 14 minutes of schedule.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- JetBlue to Webcast Investor Day Presentation
- Pareteum Corporation (TEUM) Announces Acceptance of Continued Listing Plan
- J. Crew makes preparations for possible debt restructuring: sources
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!