Jazz Pharmaceuticals (JAZZ) Achieves New Milestone in JZP-110 Phase 3 for Excessive Sleepiness in Narcolepsy
- Wall Street hits new high as post-election rally roars ahead
- Lower for longer, ECB scales back asset buys
- lululemon athletica (LULU) Tops Q3 EPS by 4c; Adj.-Comps Outpaced Views
- Oil rises above $50 despite doubts over OPEC output cut
- Pre-Open Stock Movers 12/08: (VYGR) (TLRD) (LULU) Higher; (OHRP) (VRNT) (CMTL) Lower (more...)
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc (Nasdaq: JAZZ) announced that patient enrollment has been completed in its Phase 3 study evaluating JZP-110 in excessive sleepiness (ES) associated with narcolepsy.
"This is an important milestone in our JZP-110 Phase 3 program," said Karen Smith, M.D., Ph.D., global head of research and development and chief medical officer of Jazz Pharmaceuticals. "We expect to report the top-line results from our two Phase 3 studies evaluating ES in obstructive sleep apnea in the first quarter of 2017 and the top-line results from this Phase 3 narcolepsy study in the second quarter of 2017."
The Phase 3 narcolepsy study was a double-blind, placebo-controlled, multiple-center study evaluating the safety and efficacy of JZP-110 in the treatment of ES in adult patients with narcolepsy. The study enrolled 240 patients. The co-primary endpoints were the Maintenance of Wakefulness Test and the Epworth Sleepiness Scale. These are validated endpoints, commonly used in clinical trials, that measure the ability to stay awake and the severity of excessive sleepiness, respectively, in patients.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Puma Biotech (PBYI) Announces Encouraging Interim Data from PB272 Phase 2 Control Trial in HER2+ Breast Cancer
- AstraZeneca (AZN) Offers pre-Specificed Subgroup Analysis of FALCON Trial; PFS Seen as Largely Consistent
- Biocept (BIOC) Announces Strong Data from Target Selector CTC in Actionable Biomarker Detection
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!