Jazz Pharmaceuticals (JAZZ) Achieves New Milestone in JZP-110 Phase 3 for Excessive Sleepiness in Narcolepsy
- Dollar lower, stocks flat as caution creeps in ahead of Trump inauguration
- General Electric (GE) Reports In-Line Q4 EPS
- IBM (IBM) Tops Q4 EPS by 13c, FY17 EPS Guidance Beats Consensus
- American Express (AXP) Misses Q4 EPS by 7c, FY17 EPS Guidance Tops Views at Mid-Poinit
- Skyworks Solutions (SWKS) Tops Q1 EPS by 3c, Offers Q2 Guidance, Announces Buyback
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jazz Pharmaceuticals plc (Nasdaq: JAZZ) announced that patient enrollment has been completed in its Phase 3 study evaluating JZP-110 in excessive sleepiness (ES) associated with narcolepsy.
"This is an important milestone in our JZP-110 Phase 3 program," said Karen Smith, M.D., Ph.D., global head of research and development and chief medical officer of Jazz Pharmaceuticals. "We expect to report the top-line results from our two Phase 3 studies evaluating ES in obstructive sleep apnea in the first quarter of 2017 and the top-line results from this Phase 3 narcolepsy study in the second quarter of 2017."
The Phase 3 narcolepsy study was a double-blind, placebo-controlled, multiple-center study evaluating the safety and efficacy of JZP-110 in the treatment of ES in adult patients with narcolepsy. The study enrolled 240 patients. The co-primary endpoints were the Maintenance of Wakefulness Test and the Epworth Sleepiness Scale. These are validated endpoints, commonly used in clinical trials, that measure the ability to stay awake and the severity of excessive sleepiness, respectively, in patients.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Jazz Pharmaceuticals (JAZZ) Confirms FDA Approval of Generic Xyrem with Separate REMS
- Osiris Therapeutics (OSIR) Aannounced Comparative Effectiveness Study on Use of Two Human Placental Membranes in Wound Management
- Texas Instruments (TXN) Names Todd Bluedorn to Board of Directors
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, FDA, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!