Janssen to Make Several INVOKANA Presentations at EASD Annual Meeting
- Top 10 News for 10/17 - 10/21: Merger Rumors Abound; CEOs Depart; Tesla Kicks Autopilot Up A Notch
- Wall Street ends little changed; Microsoft hits record
- AT&T (T) in Advanced Talks to Acquire Time Warner (TWX) - DJ
- Rockwell Automation (ROK) Said to Attract Takeover Interest from Schneider Electric - Source
- British American Tobacco Offers to Acquire Remaining Shares of Reynolds American (RAI) for $56.50/Share
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC (Janssen) today announced that nine presentations on INVOKANA® (canagliflozin) will be featured at the 2016 European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) Annual Meeting, September 12-16 in Munich, Germany. Presentation topics include:
- Clinical findings showing INVOKANA® slows progression of renal function decline independent of glycaemic effects
- Clinical findings on the effects of INVOKANA® in combination with phentermine on weight management in overweight and obese adults
- New real-world findings on the correlation between absenteeism and productivity at work among overweight or obese adults in the U.K.
"We look forward to sharing these scientific findings with healthcare providers and researchers at the EASD annual meeting," said James F. List, M.D., Ph.D., Global Therapeutic Head, Cardiovascular & Metabolism, Janssen. "These data are encouraging as we continue to grow our understanding of the clinical impact of INVOKANA® and explore its potential benefits in broader patient populations."
These data were also presented at the 76th Scientific Sessions of the American Diabetes Association (ADA), June 10-14, 2016.
INVOKANA® is used along with diet and exercise to lower blood glucose in adults with type 2 diabetes. INVOKANA® is the number-one prescribed treatment in the newest class of medications called sodium glucose co‐transporter 2 (SGLT2) inhibitors, which work with the kidneys to lower A1C. INVOKANA® is not indicated for weight loss or as antihypertensive treatment.
The abstracts for INVOKANA® data accepted for presentation at the 2016 European Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) Annual Meeting are as follows:
Tuesday, September 13, 2016
Clinical DataOral Presentation Session 09 – SGLT-2 Inhibitors: Metabolic Effects: 2:30-4:00 p.m.
- Canagliflozin Slows Progression of Renal Function Decline Independent of Glycaemic Effects (Presentation No. 53)
Poster Session 062 – SGLT-2 Inhibitors: Efficacy and Safety: 1:15-2:15 p.m.
- Achievement of Glycaemic Goals Without Hypoglycaemia with Canagliflozin Versus Glimepiride in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (Poster No. 714)
- Canagliflozin Provides Greater Improvement in Risk Factors of Metabolic Syndrome (MetS) Versus Glimepiride in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes and MetS on Background Metformin (Poster No. 716)
Real World Evidence Poster Session 062 – SGLT-2 Inhibitors: Efficacy and Safety: 1:15-2:15 p.m.
- Efficacy of Canagliflozin Versus Dipeptidyl Peptidase-4 Inhibitors in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes: Results from Randomised Controlled Trials and a Real-World Study (Poster No. 709)
Wednesday, September 14, 2016
Clinical Data Oral Presentation Session 13 – Pills or Surgery for Weight Loss: 10:15-11:45 a.m.
- Coadministration of Canagliflozin and Phentermine for Weight Management in Overweight and Obese Adults (Presentation No. 76)
Poster Session 064 – SGLT-2 Inhibitors: Clinical Trials: 1:15-2:15 p.m.
- Achieving Composite Endpoint of HbA1c, Body Weight, and Systolic Blood Pressure Reduction with Canagliflozin in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (Poster No. 725)
Real World Evidence De NovoPoster Session 088 – Socio Economics: 1:15-2:15 p.m.
- Correlates of Absenteeism and Productivity at Work Among Adults in the UK Who Are Overweight/Obese (Poster No. 904)
Thursday, September 15, 2016
Clinical DataOral Presentation Session 31 – SGLT-2 Inhibitor Trials: 2:30-4:00 p.m.
- Canagliflozin Improves Risk Factors of Metabolic Syndrome Versus Sitagliptin in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes and Metabolic Syndrome on Background Metformin + Sulphonylurea (Presentation No. 184)
Poster Session 065 – SGLT-2 Inhibitors: Pathophysiology: 12:00-1:00 p.m.
- Effects of Canagliflozin on Serum Magnesium in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (Poster No. 735)
Abstracts of all accepted presentations can be accessed on the European Association for the Study of Diabetes website.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) Declares $0.80 Quarterly Dividend; 2.8% Yield
- Merck (MRK) Announces KEYTRUDA Phase 3 KEYNOTE-045 Met Primary Endpoint; Trial Stopped Early
- Johnson & Johnson Announces Quarterly Dividend for Fourth Quarter 2016
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!