Jacobs Engineering (JEC) Receives Award for $350M Environmental Restoration Contract
- Top 10 News for 12/2: Crude Rips on OPEC Cut; Starbucks' Schultz Steps Down; Nonfarm Payrolls Flat in Nov.
- Unemployment Rate Drops to 4.6%
- Bond yields slip on U.S. jobs data, euro steady before Italy vote
- Alibaba (BABA) Founder Jack Ma Discuss Plans to Retire; 'I Don't Want to Die at the Office'
- Starbucks Coffee (SBUX) CEO Howard Schultz to Step Down, Appointed Executive Chairman; Kevin Johnson New CEO
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (NYSE: JEC) has received a single-award contract from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers New England District (USACE NAE) to provide environmental remediation and restoration, technical support and facility maintenance at the New Bedford Harbor Superfund Site (NBHSS) in New Bedford, MA. Jacobs has supported NAE in this capacity at the site since early 2004.
The indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (ID/IQ) remedial action contract has a capacity value of $350 million.
“With our in-depth understanding of cleanup objectives from more than 12 years of effectively handling NBHSS’ unique conditions and challenges, we’re pleased to be working with USACE NAE to complete the next phase of harbor remediation,” said Jacobs Senior Vice President Aerospace and Technology Ward Johnson. “We expect the technical and management approaches used by our team will enable the site to meet the final cleanup objectives cost effectively and in a reasonable timeframe.”
New Bedford Harbor, home to a large commercial fishing fleet, is one of the oldest recreational and commercial navigation harbors along the East Coast of the United States. The USACE was requested by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to clean up PCB-contaminated sediments from the harbor. The contamination is the result of waste discharged from the 1940s through the 1970s by two electrical capacitor manufacturing plants. The USACE has been supporting EPA on this project since the mid-1980s.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PICO Holdings (PICO) Announces Leadership, Governance Changes; Terminates Central Square Agreement
- Shire's (SHPG) Phase 3 Investigational Study of VONVENDI Meets Primary Endpoint in Controlling Bleeding in Adults with VWD
- salesforce.com (CRM), AWS (AMZN) Enter Expanded Global Strategic Alliance
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!