Jacobs Engineering (JEC) Receives Award for $350M Environmental Restoration Contract
- Record-setting rally pushes on as S&P ends week up 3 percent
- Trump's Cohn Pick Most Bullish Sign Yet for Banks - Cowen
- Unusual 11 Mid-Day Movers: (IDXG) (INVN) (EBS) Higher; (SCON) (DTEA) (DLTH) Lower (more...)
- 21st Century Fox (FOXA) offers to acquire Sky for GBP10.75/share
- Coca Cola (KO) Announces James Quincey to Succeed Muhtar Kent as CEO; Kent to Continue as Chairman
Get daily under-the-radar research with StreetInsider.com's Stealth Growth Insider Get your 2-Wk Free Trial here.
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (NYSE: JEC) has received a single-award contract from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers New England District (USACE NAE) to provide environmental remediation and restoration, technical support and facility maintenance at the New Bedford Harbor Superfund Site (NBHSS) in New Bedford, MA. Jacobs has supported NAE in this capacity at the site since early 2004.
The indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (ID/IQ) remedial action contract has a capacity value of $350 million.
“With our in-depth understanding of cleanup objectives from more than 12 years of effectively handling NBHSS’ unique conditions and challenges, we’re pleased to be working with USACE NAE to complete the next phase of harbor remediation,” said Jacobs Senior Vice President Aerospace and Technology Ward Johnson. “We expect the technical and management approaches used by our team will enable the site to meet the final cleanup objectives cost effectively and in a reasonable timeframe.”
New Bedford Harbor, home to a large commercial fishing fleet, is one of the oldest recreational and commercial navigation harbors along the East Coast of the United States. The USACE was requested by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to clean up PCB-contaminated sediments from the harbor. The contamination is the result of waste discharged from the 1940s through the 1970s by two electrical capacitor manufacturing plants. The USACE has been supporting EPA on this project since the mid-1980s.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Titan Int'l (TWI) Promotes Paul Reitz to Chief Executive Officer
- VirnetX Holding (VHC) Disappointed on Federal Circuit's Decisions; Positive on Dissenter
- CNH Industrial N.V. (CNHI) Says it Was Subject of Fabricated Press Release
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!