Jacobs Engineering (JEC) Receives Award for $350M Environmental Restoration Contract
- Wall Street dips on Trump protectionism, Qualcomm drag
- Yahoo! (YHOO) Tops Q4 EPS by 4c; Sees Verizon Deal Closing in Q2, Not Q1
- Aetna's (AET) Humana (HUM) Takeover Blocked by Judge as Anticompetative
- Trump signs order withdrawing U.S. from Trans-Pacific trade deal
- After-Hours Stock Movers 1/23: (REXX) (MRCY) (SYNC) Higher; (FSM) (OCUL) (CASC) Lower (more...)
Get access to the best calls on Wall Street with StreetInsider.com's Ratings Insider Elite. Get your Free Trial here.
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (NYSE: JEC) has received a single-award contract from the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers New England District (USACE NAE) to provide environmental remediation and restoration, technical support and facility maintenance at the New Bedford Harbor Superfund Site (NBHSS) in New Bedford, MA. Jacobs has supported NAE in this capacity at the site since early 2004.
The indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (ID/IQ) remedial action contract has a capacity value of $350 million.
“With our in-depth understanding of cleanup objectives from more than 12 years of effectively handling NBHSS’ unique conditions and challenges, we’re pleased to be working with USACE NAE to complete the next phase of harbor remediation,” said Jacobs Senior Vice President Aerospace and Technology Ward Johnson. “We expect the technical and management approaches used by our team will enable the site to meet the final cleanup objectives cost effectively and in a reasonable timeframe.”
New Bedford Harbor, home to a large commercial fishing fleet, is one of the oldest recreational and commercial navigation harbors along the East Coast of the United States. The USACE was requested by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to clean up PCB-contaminated sediments from the harbor. The contamination is the result of waste discharged from the 1940s through the 1970s by two electrical capacitor manufacturing plants. The USACE has been supporting EPA on this project since the mid-1980s.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Stonemor Partners (STON) Announces Resignation of CFO Sean McGrath
- Theravance Biopharma (TBPH) Reports Interim Data from TOUR Study in Oral Presentation at SCCM
- First Internet Bancorp (INBK) Names Nicole Lorch as COO
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!