Jacobs Engineering (JEC) Awarded Contract from Vastly for $2B Virginia Plant
- Wall Street falls as post-election winners lag
- The FTC Confirms Antitrust Charges Against Qualcomm (QCOM) for Monopolizing Semiconductor Device Used in Cell Phones
- BAT Reaches Deal to Acquire Reynolds American (RAI) for $49 Billion
- Deutsche Bank (DB) Agrees to Pay $7.2B for Misleading Investors in Sale of RMBS
- Verizon Communications (VZ) May Acquire Big Cable Company - NYP (CHTR) (CMCSA)
Find out which companies are about to raise their dividend well before the news hits the Street with StreetInsider.com's Dividend Insider Elite. Sign-up for a FREE trial here.
Jacobs Engineering Group Inc. (NYSE: JEC) announced today it was awarded a contract from Vastly (formerly Tranlin, Inc.) to lead permit acquisition and provide design services for its new $2 billion manufacturing plant in Chesterfield, Virginia. The plant represents Vastly’s first investment in North America and the single largest Chinese greenfield economic development project in the United States.
Under the terms of the agreement, Jacobs is responsible for supporting permit acquisition and developing the overall site design, which includes pulping facilities, tissue making and fertilizer production using Vastly’s proprietary technology. When complete, the plant will convert wheat straw into paper products and utilize residual nutrient streams to produce soil amendments.
In making the announcement, Jacobs President Industrial Bob Pragada stated, "This is an exciting opportunity for our global consumer products business. We have a long history of assisting our clients in growth and expansion in global manufacturing. We look forward to forging a strong, ongoing partnership with Vastly as we work together to develop this state-of-the-art facility."
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- Bats Global Market (BATS) Stockholders Approve Merger Agreement with CBOE (CBOE)
- Safe Fleet, A Portfolio Company of The Sterling Group, Acquires Randall Manufacturing
- Seeman Holtz Private Client Group Welcomes New Team Member
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!