JBT Corp. (JBT) to Acquire Tipper Tie in $160M Deal (DOV)
- Apple (AAPL) Tops Q4 EPS by 2c; Issues Solid Outlook
- Wall St. slips on earnings; Apple results due
- Chipotle Mexican Grill (CMG) Posts Q3 EPS of $0.27; Comps Miss Views; Additional Stock Buyback Approved
- Pandora (P) Misses Q3 EPS by 1c, Q4 Revenue Guidance Falls Short
- Panera Bread (PNRA) Tops Q3 EPS by 3c; Raises Outlook
News and research before you hear about it on CNBC and others. Claim your 2-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
JBT Corporation (NYSE: JBT) announced it has signed a definitive agreement to purchase Tipper Tie, Inc. from Dover (NYSE: DOV). The purchase price is $160 million, before customary post-closing adjustments. The transaction is expected to close in the fourth quarter of 2016, subject to customary regulatory approvals.
Tipper Tie is a leading provider of engineered processing and packaging solutions, and related consumables to the food industry. The company, headquartered in Apex, North Carolina, has four manufacturing locations around the world.
"The addition of Tipper Tie expands JBT's protein platform to include complementary packaging solutions, enabling us to offer even greater value to our customers," said Tom Giacomini, JBT's Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer. "Tipper Tie's globally recognized brand, advanced technology, and relationships with major food processors in the U.S and Europe will prove critical as we grow the company's presence in Asia and Latin America. The company also has a large installed equipment base that generates high recurring revenues from consumables and aftermarket parts sales."
Further details on the financial benefits of the Tipper Tie acquisition will be available after the transaction closes. Additional information on JBT's Next Level acquisition strategy can be found at the Investor Relations link on the Company website at http://ir.jbtcorporation.com.
Serious News for Serious Traders! Try StreetInsider.com Premium Free!
You May Also Be Interested In
- PRGX Global (PRGX) to Acquire SaaS P2P SIM Service Provider Lavante
- JetBlue Airways (JBLU) Makes Minority Equity Investment in JetSuite
- UPDATE: Barrick Gold (ABX) Gains; Chinese Miners Said in Talks for Stake in Veladero Mine - Reuters
Create E-mail Alert Related CategoriesCorporate News, Management Comments, Mergers and Acquisitions, Spinoffs
Related EntitiesDefinitive Agreement
Sign up for StreetInsider Free!
Receive full access to all new and archived articles, unlimited portfolio tracking, e-mail alerts, custom newswires and RSS feeds - and more!